Are you staying in an abusive relationship for the sake of your children?

@nikkiwith (1074)
Australia
If you are being abused; physically, emotionally or verbally, and your children are witnessing it or being abused themselves, then please leave and stop making excuses. Make a plan and leave for the sake of your children and your own.
@ladybug565 (2217)
I did stay in an abusive relationship for the sake of our children for aa long time and then I decided that it was hurting them and teaching them that it is ok to be abused so I left him when my girls were 3,5,and 9 years old. they are now 13,15 and 19. the 2 older ones remember it but my youngest doesnt.
@nikkiwith (1074)
She may not "remember" it but it will stay with her forever. You should be proud of yourself. Your girls will thank you for it when they're older.
thanks, it was hard but our lives got much better after I left.
@roniroxas (10576)
the father of my four kids is a abusive person. i was abused physically, emotionally, verbally and yes my children are my eye witness. we left him 7 years ago and live a normal life. now i am a single living with my kids... single but happy, taking care of my kids on my own. hard but i would rather live this kind of life than what we have before.
@nikkiwith (1074)
Good on you! You should be proud of yourself! Staying is the worst thing you can do for yourself and your children.
@roniroxas (10576)
yes, staying just because for the kids is not a good reason at all. it is not even healthy for the kids.