Annual medical check-up

@cefaz_21 (2597)
We had our annual medical check up last friday, one of the health benefits provided by our company, so far the results I've got is quite good except that the doctor warned me of my weight..I'm kinda overweight and he strongly suggested that it' time for me to be serious in losing some of it..I'm still waiting for the results of x-ray and some laboratory test. I'm so happy that I don't have any eye problem except that the optalmologist said I strain my eyes too often so I have to goive it a rest sometimes and she adviced me to get UV protection from my PC. For those working, Do you get health benefits from your company too? and to those who works from home, do you do annual medical check up too? Do you know how healthy are you?
Great that you have a healthy body! I haven't done any medical check up even though I am working. It's just not in our policy! And I haven't done any medical check up personally. Maybe I should really do one and see how healthy I am! I don't get sick too often and I think I should be pretty healthy!
@cefaz_21 (2597)
hi! I wish you are healthy as you can be my friend, but I hope you can get your self some medical check up too,you know..just to make sure..anyway.."prevention is better than cure" right?
@rsa101 (13337)
I will be having mine this week. Annual PE is such an SOP already in many companies as our local governments demands it to be done with their employees. We will not be given a health and sanitary permit if our employees are not given such. It is very common nowadays that many people are found to be a little bit obese and it should be taken in seriously I was also like that and I did not take it seruiously and now I was diagnosed to be diabetic already. Well, there's no one to blame but me hehe. Anyway take it seriously as it may lead to many diseases related to being obese. Heart, hypertension and diabestes could be one of those diseases waiting in lie for you.
@cefaz_21 (2597)
yes you're so right..I have to deal with the weight loss seriously to prevent any disease..I'm doing a weekend exerccise but I wish to add some more hours during weekdays..wishing you a good result of your annual PE to! :)
@Katlady2 (9925)
I am not working, but my hubby is. And he gets benefits from his company. His annual medical checkup is mandatory as he has a Class A license with "Haz Mat" endorsement, which means that he is able to drive big rigs, and he also is licensed to carry chemicals on the big and small trucks. He is actually really healthy, and has been losing weight which is a good thing. I go in for monthly checkups because of my back, so my doc keeps a really close eye on my health. Thank God I am on hubby's insurance too.
@gr8life (6253)
Hello cefaz_21, I have the same benefit too provided by my present company. We normally have our annual medical check-up at the end of the year. That is the bad time though..as it is a festive season for us here. That means more food and more bad eating habits and you must know the result to our health then... I have a weird eating habit as I don't eat vegetables at all and very lucky enough to have a good eyesight. My problem is more to cholesterol problem.
@byfaithonly (10716)
I work from home and have no medical benifits at this time - I don't get a regular check up which I should but guess my health is pretty good, Praise the Lord, I'm still breathing :)
when i was working there is no annual check up provided by the company..and by myself i only for check up when something is wrong that I'm feeling and when there is something painful..thats the time i go for check up..