Have you ever hidden something about your past (or present)?

We all seem to keep secrets...have you ever hidden something intentionallY?
@smileonstar (4014)
yes, I do have one. But I never want to mention it again. It is about my life in the US. Can't say it here!! but yes, I have to keep it as my secret... I think everyone does have one right? Do you?
You don't have to tell me...just wondering if people indeed keep secrets...
@Ravenladyj (22992)
I used to..for example I used to keep to myself the fact that I was abused as a kid and raped twice as a teen..I used to hide the fact that I was domestically abused AND later on became the abuser in a different relationship...I used to be PRIME at hiding my self loathing and so on...but that all ended some yrs ago...Now my life is an open book ya know..there isnt anything I dont talk about at this stage in life....I see no reason to hide things I mean ultimately it serves no purpose to anyone including me and more than that I think living that way caused me more damage ya know....I mean those secrets were all "dirty" secrets and thats quite damaging mentally considering I was conned into that growing up (that mindset I mean)
Again...I need to talk to you!! OMG! I am so glad you are able to share this with people.
@michecu (637)
I do keep some secrets...intentionally. Becuase I believe that one must not bring out their dirty linens in public. But well, it doesn't mean that every secret i keep is dirty, its just that there are somethings which are better left unsaid in order to maintain peace and harmony with people close to you.
That's true somethings are better left unsaid!
I haven't kept any secrets. My thing is if you don't ask the right question(s) you can't get the answer your looking for. It's like this Ask the question get the answer to the question you asked nothing more nothing less.
That is true!!
Of Course I have. There are somethings that belong only to us, and there is no need to share everything in our heart. A womans heart is a treasure chest of secrets. It's deep and belongs to only herself. Now there are things I do believe that we must share with our partners. But those things we hold special, that does not hurt anyone its ours to keep.
Yes a womans heart is full of secrets.
@babykay (2133)
But yes of course....I don't mention the fact that I was bullied in school too often as its embarrassing. I don't say that I was a bit on the podgy side either! Nor do I mention that my first album was Chris De Burgh....
I was bullied pretty bad...I don't like to tell people about it. ANd I was so skinny that I got teased for it!
@flowerchilde (12520)
I think everyone has some secrets.. as everyone has done dumb things before..