If your spouse said something mean to you, would you get your feelings hurt?

If your spouse said something mean to you, would you get your feelings hurt? Would you sulk or cry and feel bad for yourself? Or, would you get mad and retaliate with mean words? When I was a little kid, I would cry everytime my mom got mad at me or started yelling. And, it just made me feel like I was going on an emotional roller coaster daily. So, I learned quickly to stop the tears and start getting mad. And, that put an end to her yelling. Funny how little things like a parent having a bad day (or bad year in her case) can teach a kid all the wrong things, like how to react the wrong way to anger. For years, I was what you would call a very meek person and didn't defend myself from verbal attack. I'd slink off to bed and cry myself to sleep, wondering why anyone would be so mean to someone so meaningless. But, after meeting people that would literally drive over you with their car if you let them, I had to toughen up. Now if someone does something mean or says something mean, I'm more likely to get my feelings hurt and then raise my voice. So, I guess you would say, that if my spouse said something mean to me, I would get my feelings hurt first and then get mad. So, I'm both ways. When your spouse says something mean or inconsiderate, do you feel bad or get mad? Why do you think you are that way?