Weirdest job interview ever~

@sunshine4 (8709)
I decided to go to the mall and apply at Fashion Bug for a part time job in the evenings. I had my first interview and it went very well. I left thinking I would get the job. I then was called back for a second interview. The second interview was with the district manager. She had no information from my first interview, so I did that whole thing over. I was in the fashion business for 10 yrs and told her this, then she asked my why I would be an asset to fashion bug. Hello~ I was in the fashion business for 10 years, I jsut told you that. I think that I knew much more than this person who interviewed me and I walked away thinking she was not going to hire me. Weird stuff! Have you had any experience with strange interviews?
@twoey68 (13651)
I've always hated when they ask that question or the other one "Why do you think I should hire you?" Uh, b/c you need someone and I'm willing to work...DUH. AT PEACE WITHIN
@sunshine4 (8709)
That is so funny because that is exactly what I thought!
@twoey68 (13651)
Makes you wonder just how low the requirements are for THEIR job LOL AT PEACE WITHIN
@KrisNY (7592)
That is odd—Nope I have had some great interviews- I hope you get the job at F-Bug- I know I love the store also- and part-time would work out well—Also the discount you can get on the clothes- I’m always popping into my local Bug- they have the best coupons- Good luck to you!
@sunshine4 (8709)
Thanks, I don't think that I got it because I haven't heard back yet. Oh well, more time for chatting with friends.
I'm surprised you hato go through 2 interviews for a job at FB. Maybe teh first interviewerew didn't know what they were doing so the DM stepped in? Good luck-- I hope you get it!
@sunshine4 (8709)
I don't think that I got it. She was like, won't you be too tired to come to work in the evenings since you run a daycare during the day. I said no, I like to keep busy. She gave me a weird look. I tell you, I think that I know much more about fashion than this woman...oh well, no biggie.
@kareng (7980)
I wonder how some people get the jobs they do. They are reorganizing all the jobs here. I was moved from my Admin position in old department to another department. The new person hired for the new department is classified as a "secretary" and a degree was required. So since when do you need a degree to be a secretary? They never referred to us as a secretary but Administrative Personnel or Office Manager.
@sunshine4 (8709)
I've never heard of a secretary needing a degree either.