"White to Harvest"

If the fields are "white to harvest" - as good sowers of the seed, shouldn't we look at the soil, to see/analyze what it needs? Such as where is modern man at, and what are the questions he is asking.. and how to best communicate those answers, so they can be perceived right where modern man is at.. In other words, can we make our seed, to fit the field? What do you think? :)
@peavey (15766)
No, because the seed is not ours to make or remake. It was created by God and it is owned by Him. "Modern" man is no different from any other man. He needs God, just like men did a hundred years ago, just like they did a thousand years ago. Modern man has no questions that haven't been asked before. God does not change; neither does His message of forgiveness and mercy.
Amen, the gospel message is always the same, yes? but I can't help thinking how we present it can change, for example, what an early Christianity based world understood and what a basically pagan world (today) can understand can be quite different.. And that the questions people of the basically Christian based western world were pondering, and the questions evolution soaked man asks, are again completely different.. To tell modern scientific man he's a sinner, doesn't always equate. But to challenge, and undermine, the false world view of "there is no God" (first) can. - Before I give the message, I like to listen to the still small voice as to what a certain heart is seeking.. or seeking the answers to..
@jayperiod (870)
I don't think we should change the seed/message to fit our world. We can change how we get that seed to the soil, though. Something I always look at as I read this passage is how can I change the soil. If you look at farming or gardening, no one simply throws seed to the ground. You work the soil, remove stones and weeks and prepare the soil to receive the seed. So, rather than change the seed, we should work at changing the soil to better receive the seed. How do we do this? We do it through building relationships, telling our own story and listening to their story. As they talk, we learn what they need and we customize our "presentation" to meet their needs. Simply put, we let them know what in the Word applies to them.
That's exactly what I meant... Before presenting the message, I like to listen for the still small voice as to what a certain heart is seeking.. or what questions they are seeking the answers to..
@Lakota12 (42794)
Dont you think man has planted enough seeds we are to over crouded as it is dont ya think?
I have read this post three times now and I still have no idea what you are talking about.