Have you noticed an increase in grocery prices lately?

@Laurla98 (786)
We went grocery shopping today and the prices were unreal. I used to get a bigger size of cottage cheese for $2.88...it jumped up to almost $3.08. I know its only 30 cents, but still....Everything seemed to have gone up since I went shopping two weeks ago.
@twoey68 (13651)
Oh yes, Milk is over $5.00 a gal...powdered milk is $14.00 a box, eggs are almost $3.00 and produce is outrageous. I don't know what is causing this but I hope it stops soon. Have a good day!! AT PEACE WITHIN
Isn't it twenty cents, not thirty? I don't shop for groceries, so I don't know about their prices, but the prices of food and drink here have been going up this year.
Yes, we shop at save a lot for the basics and even their prices have gone up substantially and their stock was way lower than usual. At super walmart the prices have gone up anywhere from 50 cents to a dollar for almost everything we would regularly buy. Our money is getting more and more tight all the time.
@drannhh (15241)
Yes, especially the dairy products and meat. But that is only at the regular markets. If you are lucky enough to live near a good "dollar store" it is now possible to buy groceries for the lowest prices in years.
@Geminigirl (1909)
I'm with you, it seems like everything is more expensive lately, especially dairy products. i have switched over to soy milk and buy in bulk as the prices on that seem to remain pretty steady. And thing like yogurt...oh my! The containers keep getting smaller and the prices keep getting larger.
I think that the cost of everything has gone up these days. Now I am in the USA, getting paid at home in Canadian dollars. Even though the dollars are close together, it still makes things a tiny bit more expensive down here, but it's not as bad as it was when the US dollar was stronger.