Follow-up: USPS

@worldwise1 (14887)
My case is resolved at last. Today I finally tracked down my parcel. It was no easy feat since I had to sit downstairs in the heat for 3 hours waiting for the mail carrier. Now I finally have my movies and I am really going to enjoy watching them!
@Aurone (4758)
Hope they were worth the trouble!
@worldwise1 (14887)
I am sure they will be, Aurone. As I have said before , I don't go out very much, so I make up for that by trying to have the things I enjoy most in my home. I had also ordered a special movie for one of my great grandsons. I have done this since I discovered he really likes to watch them. He just turned 4, and his mom tells me that they keep him out of her hair for a little while.
@MsTickle (24995)
I have a delivery story to tell as well. Glad you got your movies hon...hope they are not melted. I ordered a used laptop through a company that reconditions them and sells them to the disadvantaged (namely moi!)I had to order and pay immediately so as not to miss out and then in two weeks from receiving my money they would contact me about delivery (which was included in the cost).The two weeks was up on Monday and I had a message on the phone to say they were ready to send on Tuesday. I had missed the call...must have been while I was way down the back yard. I rang back and spoke to a person whom I could barely understand. I asked a couple of questions and she became upset telling me not to be angry with her. She was saying I would get the computer Friday. I said that was a long way away she said they needed 2 days. I said Today is Tuesday isn't it? She said tomorrow is 'despatch day' so it doesn't count...I could hardly believe it! I just kept repeating 'ok' till she got off the phone because conversing with her was impossible. This morning at 8am I got a call from the courier who was at the closest big town away asking me what I wanted him to do with my parcel. LOL. They don't deliver all the way out here so I organised for him to drop it off so I could get it picked up. An hour later some friends came by saying they were heading into town and did I want anything. I gave them $5 towards fuel and I now have my laptop! Not bad considering I live way out the back of no-where.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I am glad that things worked out for you. It is a shame you had to go through so much, just to get some answers.
@creematee (2810)
Well, shoot. I was hoping to have a new neighbor! LOL!!!! I'm glad that you got your movies, and the case is resolved. I hope that you enjoy your movies!
@sigma77 (5385)
Can we all come over and watch too? lol. I will bring some popcorn. I will be nice for you to sit back and relax.
congratulations. enjoy. have a sundae too. love, apple.