Child Dies in Car Due to Heat

@worldwise1 (14887)
Sadly, another child has succumbed to the heat after being left in a car. The little 2-year-old was forgotten and left buckled-in in the back seat of her mother's car outside of a school where the mother is an assistant principal. I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time relating to this. In our area the heat has been uppermost in nearly everyone's mind lately. What could be so much on your mind that you could forget that your baby is in the car? I have much sympathy for the parents at their loss, but it does seem a bit negligent to me.
@pyewacket (44036)
Have any criminal charges been made toward the women? I sure hope so...this is outright negligence and murder as I see it. What is with these women anyway?
@worldwise1 (14887)
Maybe it is due to her standing in the community, pyewacket, but they seem to be willing to treat it as a horrible accident. I just don't get it.
@Aurone (4758)
There is no excuse for that. Shame on her and she is an assistant principle and that makes it seem worse to me.
@worldwise1 (14887)
Yeah, you would think that if she has it together enough to be in this type of position, Aurone, that she would be level-headed enough to not forget and leave her baby in a car during this scorching heat.
@crazed_moma (1054)
OMG When will this quit happening? It seems there's always one or two a year here on the news. On a side note, my daughters left one of their some what life like cabbage patch dolls in the van and for a moment I thought there was a child in my back seat after work! Talk about a freak out moment.
@worldwise1 (14887)
People should always keep their mind on what they are doing when it comes to interacting with children, crazed. Your child's welfare should be uppermost on your mind.
To clarify, my youngest are 5 and safely at home with a sitter. I've just been rather sleep deprived lately and it messes with my head.
@naty1941 (2336)
OMG an Assistant Principal in from of a school. How terrible! I am shocked. What on earth was that woman thinking?
@worldwise1 (14887)
We may never know, naty, what was on her mind, but I do think the people who hired her in such a position will probably rethink their decision.
i have no sympathy for this woman she was stupid what was she thinking worse yet she is an assisstant principal i would be wondering about the safety of my own children left in her care. i cannot imagine leaving my children alone in a car for any amount of time my god there is such a thing as babysitters or is she poor i doubt it this is so bizarre that it makes me wonder about people
@worldwise1 (14887)
It does make one wonder if the poor woman's brain might be addled, princessa. You are right, her position of authority over children should have made her all the more vigilant.
@cefaz_21 (2597)
How can she ever forget her child in the car? I just cannot take it..If you are a parent you always put your child first in top of your priority right? you always think of them..are they safe? are they ok?..I'm sure she's gonna learn hard from this.
@worldwise1 (14887)
I am certain that she will have many long days to reflect upon her negligence, cefaz. This should be a very trying time for her.
@xiuluoelly (1225)
Manslaughter? For the "fault" should be more painful, he will guilt life, sometimes, some things, as long as we carefully, it would not have happened.
@worldwise1 (14887)
I will be monitoring this case carefully, xiuluoelly, to see what the outcome will be.
@mummymo (23707)
I have every sympathy for the parents and we all make mistakes but how could she forget the child was in the car? We have even heard of cases like this in the uk and it just illuminates the fact that we have to be careful with our children - they are too precious to be lost in such a horrible way! xx
@worldwise1 (14887)
You are right, mummymo. If I left home with my child I don't think it would be possible that I would forget I had my child when they were right there in the car with me.
@brendakaya (2335)
Yes, I heard that, it's really awful. It actually happened within 50 miles of where I live. I don't see how she could have done it by accident. How could she not remember that the little thing was still in her car? It just doesn't make any sense. It's been in the upper 90's and low 100's around here. That's just so sad.
@cutepenguin (6457)
How terrible. I wonder how such a thing could have happened? Did she think she was just running in or something like that?
@worldwise1 (14887)
Evidently, cute, she was more interested in her job than in the welfare of her child.
@katisaurus (1038)
Who leaves a child that young in the car to begin with? That sickens me like there's no tomorrow.You never ever ever leave young children in the car. Whether the doors are locked and their buckled in while the weather's not so hot. You never ever do that. I'd like to know what was going through this woman's head when she just upped and left the car completely forgetting about her child.
@worldwise1 (14887)
It does kind of make you wonder, katisaurus, just exactly could be going on in that school that caused her to completely forget about her child to rush in there.
@jeanena (1616)
• Bucklin, Kansas
If they dont bring charges against this woman it would an outrage. I cant see myself leaving an animal in a car in the heat like it has been lately let alone leaving your child like that. She will have to deal with what she as done for the rest of her life. Poor little baby.
@worldwise1 (14887)
But, she just forgot, jeanena! That is so lame. I think if she were an ordinary person charges would have been made.
@Feona1962 (7527)
This stuff just sickens me. This person can remember to get up, get dressed, put the child in the car, drive the car to her place of employment but she CAN'T remember the child. What are we doing that is so darn important and more important than our child? Nothing, absolutely nothing.
@vanities (11385)
• Davao, Philippines
that was sad..i really cant imagine why the mother have forgotten her child!!
@stormygrl (763)
I read this in the paper and cannot believe they may charge this woman. What a horrible way for a child to die.I honestly don't see how someone can forget their child.Did she not think of her once during this time? I have a 2 year old granddaughter and just don't understand this. They should strap her in the backseat of a car and see how horrible it was for her baby girl. I have no sympathy for this so called mother at all!
@mssnow (9493)
We don't know the reasoning behind this and it is so easy to judge someone. But, I'm sure the mother feels sick for what she did. I'm sure she will be haunted by it for the rest of her life. I think that is punishment enough for what happened to her child. I feel for the baby but if you believe in God as I do. Then God must have wanted her with him very badly. She is in heaven now. Which is a good thing for her. I think something good will come out of all this as in most tragedies something good always comes out of them later. I will pray for the parents and hopefully some day the mother can forgive herself for what she did.
@maddysmommy (16236)
Awwww that is so sad! I don't know how any mother could forget about their own child anywhere, but it does happen. This is very sad.
@MsTickle (24977)
I think people have too much on their minds these days. Everything goes too quickly, people want too much, a lot of folk seem to have their priorities lopsided. That poor mother will now suffer for the rest of her life because of her preoccupation with work or things other than her child. Then again, maybe she won't...maybe she's more concerned about things other than her child.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
why would you leave a 2 year old in the car at all? How could you forget they are in your car? A asst. principal is supposed to be keeping our kids safe. That would be real scary to me. How could she remember mine, if she can't remember her own. I have sympathy for the family, but more for the child.