Our Children.,Stitches..and The pain WE FEEL....!!!! i am emotionally drained...

hiya everyone..i have had the night from hell..i just got back from the Emergency Room..my little man..Skylar cracked his upper eye open..well over his eye brow..he fell asleep on my floor in my room and when he heard my tv go off he woke up so fast he smashed his head under my bed and cut about an inch long and very thick and deep wound..theer was so much blood everywhere..all over both eyes..dripping down..i had no idea what happened or where it was coming from..he was screaming so bad..i called my sister to get us..we went down there and waited..4 hrs in the waiting room..blood dripping and alllll! and that will be my next vent post..emergency rooms lol..anwyho after all tha twaiting he needed 8 stitched..she gave the shot to numb it..but NEVER WAITED FOR IT TO TAKE EFFECT!! soo he felt everything..she immidiately started stitching..they had him tied down..he was crying andf yelling for help.and told me how sorry he was and he wanted to go home..My Friends..i started to cry so bad i couldnt stop..i couldnt handle his pain anymore..i kept lookin away..so he couldnt see me..it was finally over..and he was shaking..and then just held me for so long..i felt aweful..it was like i felt everything he went threw..im still sick to my stomach as im typing..and crying again..i think i was just as tramatized..so..what about you?? what have been your experineces with major boo boo's..and any sticthes? did u get sick as well?
@Thoroughrob (11756)
It is awful to watch your children in pain. Especially, when they don't have to be. He will always be afraid to go to the hospital. I would complain and complain some more. I would also tell them that I in no way expect a bill for such poor service.
yes i know what you mean..and he is already tramatized and never wants to go there again..wednesday is goin to be hell when we go therte to get them out..i thought about goin to his Ped doctor..but i dont want him scared of them.he goes theer alot more than the ER..and again maybe this will settle him down some..he isa true boy with no fear and love for adventure and thrill..and hes 5!! the next years wil be so hard on me..i can feel the gray haird crawling around waiting lol..but yes i have the number and address to contact the admin..and i am goin to give them a piece of my mind if not the whole thing..becaue i almost lost it that night! lol..thanks so much for psoting..take care!! April
@fredgame (1261)
i sympathise with you. my mom ever told me when i was sick and the pain i felt. when iwas crying he felt the pain when she suffered to deliver on the birthday. so i can see eye to eye with you the way you feel. hope he'll be ok as soon as possible.
aww thank y ou so much Fred..i appreciate it..Sky is doing better..although now he has a complex and thingks hes ugly..and is afraid when shool starts wed that they willl laugh at him..i knowits what he is feeling..but i feel so bad he thinks thats what is goin to happen..its looking better as well..i have been using this great ointment on his eye,,and when he does hurt it by accident..i get such major headaches..its like i can still feel his pain..being a mommy and havin such a bond with your child is so wonderful..i just hope he neever feels mine..thanks again my friend for posting..have a great day! April
@foxyfire33 (10009)
How horrible for you and your little guy! I would be lodging a really big complaint though. There is no reason to make you wait THAT long and then to do the stitches before he was numb was just wrong, wrong, wrong! Let's see...we only had one major boo boo so far. My youngest daughter tripped over a block and fell on her arm on a hardwood floor. She was with her aunt at the time and I didn't come to pick her up until an hour after it happened...no cell phone and her aunt didn't think anything was wrong anyway since she'd cried herself to sleep 10 minutes after it happened. Anyway, shortly after I got there, my daughter woke up crying. She wasn't even 3 years old yet and has a speech problem too so all we knew was that she was inconsolable. We finally picked out "owie" and "arm" and that's when her aunt mentioned the fall. Mommy intuition kicked in and I took her to the ER along with her 4 week old baby brother. By the time we got there my daughter was eerily calm. Naturally the triage nurse didn't think she was a priority since she wasn't even crying at that point. After sitting there like that for an hour she got thirsty but I was told I couldn't give her anything...not even water! So she started sobbing and screaming. That got the nurses' attention! They came out to the waiting room and decided that maybe something really was wrong with her and put her arm in a little sling...long story short...her arm was broken just below her elbow. The only thing that made my stomach turn a little was when they set the bone back in place. Overall though it wasn't a bad experience. Her getting the cast off was another story...between the saw and then the discoloration and muscle loss in her arm...it was hard to even look at it. There have been three times that I have been just sick over what my kids have had to go through at the hospital though. The most recent was when my second son (he's 4) got himself so constipated that he couldn't go at all. The poor little guy was so scared that he kept saying "I'm not sick anymore. I want to go home now"...but then a minute later he would literally fall over because of the cramping. It was really hard to see him that scared and in that much pain. Twice was when my youngest daughter and again my youngest son both got sick as infants. It wasn't as bad with my son because they only ATTEMPTED to start an IV. They gave up pretty quickly so the "trauma" wasn't prolonged. With my daughter (she was 5 weeks old) they did the IV AND a spinal tap. They told us it would be too hard to watch the spinal tap and recommended that we leave. We did but hadn't gotten all the way out of the building when they did it. The hospital is a small one and the main enterance is on the same floor as the med/surg unit although still pretty far away. Anyway, we got all the way to the lobby and were just about to open the door when I heard a blood curdling scream from my baby. It was so horrible. Every mother instinct in me was telling me to run to her but I knew I couldn't. My then husband just held me tight and walked me out the door...that was 7 years ago and I can still remember the sound of that horrible scream.
wow..i wasnt sure how i was going to answer all that lol..I am in shock the hell your poor girl went threw.isnt it insane? and the spinal tap..omg!! i had one when i first blew out my back..i screamed bloody murder and i wasnt ever so scared and in so much pain untill i one day had a disc i gram done..i hightly recomenr NOO ONE EVER GET THAT!!! its even worse!! but i felt tears flwoing when i read your post..i couldnt imagine..and i dont know what strength you got to leave..because theer no way i would have had any..i want to see what they do to my child..they can be so much mor esneaky when not being watched,,and more hurtful..maybe its just me but in my head thats how i feel..but again they were right..i dnt hthink u could handle seeing how much pain she was in..ohh hun..im sorry you all went threw that,,and i know about the scareming deal..i have still had nightmares of Satuday..and hear him screaming..and in my dreams i cant get in the room..its just sweful!! thank you so much from the bottom of my heart fo rsharing your stories,and i hope all is well with you and your family..take care!! April
@KrisNY (7593)
I’m sorry your little guy got hurt and needed stitches- OUCH! Darn hospitals and Emergency rooms- as if waiting isn’t bad enough- then you have to deal with rude and not-caring doctors- they are in a hurry to get the patient in and out- I would have been screaming at the doctor- Wait—it’s hurting- more Novocain- they would have had to pry me off my daughter to finish it up- Yes I cry also- I try not too- but it’s hard when you see your child hurting!
aww thank u so much Kris..i felt as if you were right theer with me..and u know exactly what i went threw,,thats exactly why they had to have rushed it..and i tell u what..there will becalls and letters..im so mad..thinkig about it is blwoing my Ulcers up again..rrrghhh!!i argues will i was blue in the face..they were gonna kick me out of i wasnt quiet and theer was noo way in hell i was leaving my baby with those ...umm...A holes,,can i say that here? lol..and thinking about it i cry all day long so i keep busy..but my nightmares are still haunting me..and him..tonight he had a nioghtmare the boy that harmed hm in a post awhile ago..that he tried to kill Sky with a fish.(dont ask why i fish i dunnoo! lol)and that sky needed stitches on his face..he woke up screaming get off me i want my mommy! no sticthes1 I had to wake wake him to calm him down...girll..this has been one hell of a month,,but thanks for the kind words and being theer for me..take care! April
@vanities (11343)
• Davao, Philippines
i understand what you feel as a mother too i cant bear to see my child in pain and in such situation...if only the pain that he felt can be transfer to us then we or i as mother are going to bear it for him...
awww thank you soo much vanitites,,very kind words and u sound liek such a loving person..i asked God quieslty to give his pain to me..i eish it was that simple..i would take every ounce of pain away forever..but maybe this was his wake up call to settle his monkey bum down a notch lol..although this time was an accident..i am just dreading as he gets older..more boo boo;s,,broekn bones to lord nows what else..i think i may get panic attacks more and more as he gets older..lol.thank u so much again..take care! April
I'm so sorry that you both had to go through all this...I can't believe they didn't wait! WhaT the heck was they thinking?? I can't believe they tied him down! How horrible he is gonna be so tramatiesed (sp)... I hope he starts feeling better and he don't ever have to go through that again!
aww thank you so much mystic!! that is so sweet of you!they werent thinking..they were rushing..and the more i read other people posts about this i am soo goin to write or call the head admin..and talk to hik about this.,,it was just rediculous!!!and hes feeling better..hes got a comples now..but it will get better,,the meds are helping it..and each day its looking so much better..at least his eye isnt swelled shut anymore..thanks so much for your thoughts and kind words..i will keep ya informed..April
can't say i have yet went threw any major boo's or stitches yet and iam sorry you had to go threw that they should of waited til the pain medicine kicked in.. so sorry hope he gets to felling better
@4mymak (1796)
me too have not gone thru any major boo-hoo's, with any one of my 5 children. but me too think that the doctor should be more considerate, especially when she knows she's dealing with such a young child - should have waited 'till the painkiller kicked in. i just hope the child will develop any phobia of some kind with needles + doctors.
@4mymak (1796)
sorry, me last sentence should have read.... "i hope the child will NOT develop any kind of phobia with needles + doctors..." (:{)
awww i just wated to thank both of you for such kind words..and glad no majopr boo boo';s goin on..and im sorry your mother had such a horrible time..with our hospital..if u come ambulance no matter whats going on..they get first help..no matter what..and first help..and as soon as it pulls up..nurse are theer..they move u in..im telling u..this is what im gonna do next major crises..never again wil i wait that long..and the letter has been started..ill let yas know ho w that goes..thanks so much for caring,,,and your posts..take care and have a great weekened my friends!!:) April
@jillhill (37384)
When my children were little I couldn't even go with to get the shots because if they started crying I passed out. On the other hand, if its someone I don't know it doesn't bother me and I can stay calm and collected.