Another cute ASPCA story to make you smile: Undercover Cuddler

@Katlady2 (9920)
Since I really enjoyed this one from the ASPCA newsletter that I receive every week, I thought I'd share it with everyone and hopefully bring a few smiles. If you want to read other equally interesting stories of cuteness and success, here's the link to the site itself: http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer Undercover Cuddler When Samantha Silverstein and her newly adopted Boston terrier, Nico, took their first walk to the local pet supply store, they received some very important information from a passerby. “A woman couldn’t get over how cute Nico was, and then said she had two things to tell me about Boston terriers,” recalls Samantha. "One, they pass a lot of gas, and two, they like to burrow under the covers and sleep with you.” As it turns out, the woman was accurate on both points, especially—and thankfully—the second. On his first night home, though a little timid, Nico played with tennis balls while his new mom tried to get them out of his mouth. When it came time for the pooch to go to sleep, he cried and cried while in his crate. When Samantha came to check on him, he slipped out of the crate and made a beeline for the bed, wriggling under the covers. “This,” Samantha reports, “became his usual spot.” These days, the pup can be found unmaking his mom’s bed (how else to cuddle under the comforter?!) and enjoying his new favorite toy, a stuffed panda bear that is repeatedly worn out and replaced. “Any sign of timidity from a year ago is gone,” says his proud mom. “People stop us in the street to greet Nico, and he loves greeting them back! As for me, I can't seem to remember life without him.”
@pyewacket (44036)
This was a terrific story...I just signed up for the newsletter myself....Uh, can't help wondering if Nico passes gas while under the covers though..LOL
@Katlady2 (9920)
I kinda wondered that myself. My daughter's friend would bring her Doxie puppy over to visit, and the puppy would promptly get under my blanket with me and pass a really smelly one every time. I started keeping the air freshener next to the sofa. LOL
@pyewacket (44036)
Oh that's funny..uh, well not for you though..hey you changed your avatar!!
At least in this case, you really CAN blame the dog!
@alamode (3073)
Hey, Kat! I have 2 grrlee rat terriers and an old man schnauzer... he sleeps ON the covers, next to the edge and curled against my back. Big grrl sleeps UNDER the covers, by my feet, which she licks until she goes to sleep. The baby grrl sleeps curled against my neck, which is sorta covered and sorta not... my husband gets the other half of the bed, lucky guy!!! But really, I can't sleep without them! Even in summer its so comforting to have my little furry kids all snuggled in! But I'm so glad that the shower is only about 6 feet from the bed!!!
@Katlady2 (9920)
And I'll bet there's times you feel like you're sleeping like a pretzel, right? LOL My cat Prance has figured out how to stretch to the max to take up my entire king sized pillow! She has her head at one corner, tail at another, and front feet and back feet at the other two corners. I'm lucky if I get a little tiny section of it. And if I disturb her royal kittyness? I get smacked with the tail for about ten minutes! My calico, LittleBit, loves to lay on top of me. And if I try to turn over, she just kinda walks on me like an acrobat on a rolling ball until I get situated and then she lays back down again. And she's heavy too! But I wouldn't have it any other way. LOL
@alamode (3073)
I can't sleep for too long anyway... so I squeeze out, shower, and they all stay there nice and warm til they hear something that might mean FOOD... then they're all charging me at once! I wouldn't change it a bit!!
@Hart57 (359)
Thanks for sharing this cute and heart warming story. I'm always amazed at how immensely lovable and sweet dogs are. I think we humans can learn a lot from dogs about how to give love unconditionally. I presently do not have my own dog. My favorite dog is the French Bulldog. In my opinion, they are RIDICULOUSLY cute. One of these days I'm going to have a tan French Bulldog in my life. I think I'll name him Nico.
@Katlady2 (9920)
Yes they are beyond adorable! Thanks hon.
This is cute! It also makes me think that I need to find out what type of dog works well with cats. As soon as I move into my house, I want to get a dog but I have to find a puppy that will get along with my kitty cats. I would love to get a Golden Retriever or a yellow Lab because they are so amiable. I think they'd make good watch dogs but also loveable pets. Since I have so many cats, I want to make sure to get a puppy so he/she can get used to the cats and a puppy will be easier for the cats to accept since the dog will start out closer to their size. I have pretty large cats, though, so I definitely don't want a little dog. And, I don't want a temperamental dog. The cats are picky enough. I don't need anymore animals that are too demanding. I'll have to post a discussion about this on here.
@Katlady2 (9920)
You're thinking along the right lines hon. I think just about any dog will get along with cats as long as you start getting it used to them as a puppy. My Meg was a Shar Pei, and the cats adored her to pieces.
@3lilangels (4639)
WHAT a cute and wonderful story,thanks for sharing.i think i might check this letter out and sign up too.thanks so much.take care.
@Katlady2 (9920)
It really has some awesome stuff in it. And it keeps you up to date on the latest news. Thanks hon.