My Seedums

Close Up - My Pink Seedums are finally turning to pink. I love these as do the bees & butterflies
@webeishere (36377)
Another flower that some members had suggested as a fall bloomer to attract butterflies and bees for my yard. It has finally just started to turn pink. They are getting fairly large also. I wish to thank those that had suggested this as well as the Beebalm I started a discussion earlier about. They are doing their trick as I have many bees, ugg, and butterflies floating all over my yard. Have a great day/evening all. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB!!~
@Katlady2 (9925)
Lord knows I'm fighting the bees enough when I want to pick some roses to put in my vases! But I think I like those seedums too. I just might have to go out and get some to plant. Now where to put them....I'm running out of spots in the front yard with all of my planning for mint and strawberries next year to try to catch up with you (ya right LOL).
@webeishere (36377)
Now I may try my hand or thumb if you will at roses soon.
@Katlady2 (9925)
You're ON baby! LOL
@Feona1962 (7529)
This sounds very interesting. Attracting bees and butterflies to your home. It must be quite a sight. You have a really cool assortment of bushes, flowers, and insect persuaders. Your yard must really be beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
@webeishere (36377)
When we bought this house 4 years ago there was barely grass growing. I have gotten many compliments from neighbors how well I have brought the appearance of the property up since I got into flowers and all sorts of gardening. Makes one so proud of themselves. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Feona1962 (7529)
I am sure you feel really good about it. The fact that you enjoy it makes it even more fun to do. Maybe you will get the neighbor of the year award..That would be nice.
@coolseeds (3925)
Sedum is great. It will grow almost anywhere. The name means "live forever" in Latin. I love it. I have several different types. A purple leaved, gold and green variegated, and 2 different ground cover types as well as the kind you have in the photo. One of my clients calls it the broccoli plant. LOL Deer love to eat Sedum.
@webeishere (36377)
It does sort of look like brocoli to a degree. I love them as they are very hardy and almost kill proff. Except for Gods critters. Thanks for the info also. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@pismeof (855)
One suggestion that I have for you would be the "Butterfly Bush" or Horticultural name.."Buddleia Davidii" It not only attracts the butterflies, You'll get Humming Birds as well.If you have space that's about three feet wide and five feet tall in front of a window or slider in a sunny area this is a really great addition to plant in a garden .
@webeishere (36377)
Is it a perrenial? is it a cold weather plant? Meaning will it survive the cols winters of Minnesota?
@coolseeds (3925)
Most Buddleia are zoned 5-10. You might be able to get away with it if it is planted close to a house and with a lot of mulch. My Irises bloomed a week early this year so maybe your zone 4 will become a 5 in a couple of years.