Have you read Animal Farm by George Orwell?

@ram_cv (16516)
I recently read Animal Farm by George Orwell. It is a political satire of how initial idealism gives way to corruption and hunger for power. It has been written in a witty and poignant manner. I found it to be one of the best political satires that I have read. What is your opinion on this book? If you are interested in reading the complete review of the book, check out: http://www.epinions.com/content_401665330820 Cheers! Ram
@uath13 (8227)
Its a great book. It used to be required reading in high school though I think its banned now along with the lord of the flies & many more. Perhaps the people banning these books could have taken a lesson from it before they banned it.
@ram_cv (16516)
Or probably because that is their story, they banned it!! But, seriously, I did not know that this book was banned. It is not banned in India, which country is it banned in? Cheers! Ram
@uath13 (8227)
I think that in the U.S. its determined state by state wether the book is allowed in schools or not.
yes i've read it and it's one of the best stories i've read and the first time i read it, i actually got all weepy when boxter the big horse had to go...and when snowball was chased off the farm in a weird way for me, it really had a few things in common with my life back then.. it really is a good story
@ram_cv (16516)
Yes, it was a great book. At that time it was a satire on Communism, but I guess in today's world it relates to many political systems around the world. Cheers! Ram
Can you recommend more political satires to me? I'm quite interested.
@ram_cv (16516)
Unfortunately, this is the only political satire that I can across as it was highly recommended. I am more into Science Fiction and Fantasy fiction. Cheers! Ram
@whyaskq (7553)
I read it as part of my Literature text when I was in school. The first time when I read it, I find it amusing. The more I read it, the more indignant I become. Gradually, I learnt to accept it. That's the fact of life. Perhaps that's one reason why I become skeptical of mankind.
@ram_cv (16516)
The funny part is there was so little of mankind in the book :). I just loved the way George uses animals to show the traits of humans!! Cheers! Ram
I loved that book, though as a child I did not understand it. More than ten years have passed since that book was published and I was given it to read, and I can still remember that there was one lesson on teaching the animals how to write. Ah, nostalgia.
@ram_cv (16516)
Yes, the witty manner in which Orwell put things forward is what makes the book a classic. Cheers! Ram