Being a Senior in High School is a special time of life,

@juls2me2 (2151)
there are so many things to buy to preserve these memories. Sr. Pictures, Hat & Gown, Sr. Prom, Limos, Sr. Class Ring, Sr. Varsity Sports Letters & Dinners. What should a parent be sure to do for their SR Grad? Share your thoughts.
preserving their child's high school picture is the best and also some remembrance from high school events. it is also nice to encourage your child to help maintain his friendship with his highschool friends even if they are soon going to part their ways. a cd of a collection of songs that played important parts during high schoo parties is also a good gift.
@wmaharper (2316)
I know when I was a senior, there were two things that were very important, Senior Pictures and Prom having a great dress and all that that entails... (if you have a boy, it'll be easier..) I never did get my class ring, and I'm okay with that. One thing, if you are finding it's costing you alot, either have them pay for some of it, or have it be an IOU.. Then they will prioritize what they REALLY want, and not just want everythign because they aren't paying for it.
@juls2me2 (2151)
That's a great idea about the IOU. My son is really great about prioritizing what's important and valuable to him. Since he's been working and purchased his 1st car...the value of money has become truly clear to him. I'll have to sit down with him and have him make a list of what he wants as memories of his Senior year.
@chebel82 (417)
For sure pics, and ring as memories then if possible evrything else you mentioned
@juls2me2 (2151)
Yeah, I know it would great if I could afford to buy my son everything, but that's not a reality for our family. So in your opinon at least the Pictures, Ring, Cap & Gown? Thanks for your response.
Gosh, I miss high school so much. Senior year really *was* special. I wish I had realized that more at the time. I took my camera to school with me every single day to capture some of those special memories.