Jena, LA 6

@sahm35 (891)
Have you heard about the Jena 6? Six black boys are being charged with second degree murder. The boy is caucasian and only had superficial injuries. During a previous week some black boys asked school officials if they could sit under a tree that was designated as the "white tree". The school officals said that it was fine. Later that day, nooses had been hung on the tree. Nothing was discovered about who may have hung those nooses. Now this young white boy took out a sawed off shot gun and pointed it towards these black boys. The black boys wrestled the gun away and ran off. Now they are being charged with second degree murder. One has already been convicted. Some of the jurors were relatives of the some of the winessess for the DA. Can you believe this is really going on? What can be done?
@carmelanirel (20979)
I didn't hear about this, but this I take is at a school? But according to what you said, no one was killed, who do they say was murdered? And for some of the jurors to be relatives of some of the witnesses is just plain wrong.. Where is this taking place so I know to avoid it? Sounds like they have a backwoods mentality that should have gone out in the sixty's..
@sahm35 (891)
Maybe its attempted murder! LOL Sorry about that. I can check again. This is 2007 Jena, Lousiana! Child Please we have taken 40 steps back
@sahm35 (891)
Yes its second degree attempted murder. One kid Mychal Bell has already been convicted and is awaiting his sentencing which he could get up to 22 years in prison. Oh yeah and the DA told the boys that he could take all of their lives with the stroke of his pen. Scary isnt it?
Yes sahm35, it is scary. I would hope that maybe this will spark some national attention and that they get a wake up call...
@piasabird (1737)
I don't even think you have your facts straight.
@piasabird (1737)
Also, the boy wasn't convicted of second degree attempted murder. It was something like battery. It's true there was an all white jury but that's because none of the blacks wanted to sit on the jury. They got their notices and didn't show up to picked for jury duty. One of the boys who's still in jail was already on probation for assault when this happened.
@sweetcakes (3505)
bunch of bull mess to me. just ridiculous. racism is never going to go away. sad.