Would you install carpet or wood floors in your house?

If you were renovating your house, condo or where ever you are living, would you choose to install carpets? Or do you like hardwood floors? Which do you think is best?
@aprilgrl (4460)
I prefer the hard wood floors and it's easier to clean up than carpets.
@ElicBxn (60907)
I actually chose linolium because its easiest to clean & take care of with the cats. If it were only hardwood or carpet, it'd be the wood - hands down.
@melanie652 (2525)
That's actually something we're contemplating now. We need to replace the carpet in our house. Because we live out in the country and have several cats and two dogs we've talked about putting down hardwood floors instead. I think the hardwood floors would be more durable and easier to clean than carpet, but have wondered if it wouldn't be easier to just put carpet back down? No decision made yet and probably won't be for awhile, but alot to think about.
@applsofgld (2506)
Actually I have both. We recently put carpet in the bedrooms and wood floors and tile/ceramic in the rest of the rooms. I wanted carpet in the bedrooms b/c I don't like to get out of bed in the winter and put my feet on a cold floor, and we don't get as much traffic in the bedrooms as the rest of the house.