Empty profiles-- scary or not?

@alamode (3073)
On myspace, if someone wants to be added as a friend, they have to have a complete and decorated page or its an automatec 'delete' from me... if not, you can get spammed or phished...does it work differently here? I received a friend request, but its been a blank page for 5 days!! Can't say yes til I know somebody is really there!!
@Katlady2 (9920)
Those empty profiles on any site send up lots of red flags for me. I mean, if the person can't take the time to put a little of himself or herself into a simple profile page, then I don't think it's worth all of that extra effort to try to know him or her.
@alamode (3073)
True! So why is it so hard to hit the 'delete' button??!
I wouldn't add them if it was blank. And for myspace, I only add people that I know to my friends list.
@alamode (3073)
Many of my requests are from new, young rock bands who are trying to get established and have their music heard... thats not a problem cuz some of them are really good!! But an individual who doesn't pimp their page?? I know thats trouble!