it really hit me today

my daughter is starting school tomorrow. the school started today but because it's her first year she only goes twice a week for the first two weeks to get the teachers a chance to have smaller class sizes to get to know the little ones. anyway the bus stopped in front of the house to pick her up. i had to go tell her she wasn't getting on until tomorrow and when i saw that bus is when it really hit me and became so real. my daughter is going to school. it goes by so fast, i'm excited but sad at the same time.
@surveygrrl (1271)
My son starts on September 4th. We can cry together once they are out of sight ;) My son will be riding a school bus. He is almost 4 and seems like he was just born. I know he is excited and everyone keeps saying he is ready but I don't know if I am ready. Definitely a bitter sweet milestone. Good luck tomorrow to you both!
i know my daughter is ready. and she has been in two special programs and that kind of got me more ready than her. she did school rediness in march and april. where she'd go a couple hours every week to school and she did school camp last week a couple hours every day. so that kind of got me a little ready. she had no problem going and being left there and i was fine cause it was only a couple hours but i might feel differently tomorrow cause it's all day and every day now. good luck to you too, let me know how it goes with you
@sizzle3000 (3040)
I truely know how you feel. My daughter started school Monday and even though she is sixteen I still missed having her around all day. Now she has a job as well and takes a college course on Saturday our time together is short. She gets home from school and does her homework and they it is off to work. I pick her up from work because it is after ten and I worry. You would think we would have the weekend but because of her school we don't even have that. Enough of my sad story. I am sure you will be ok. My daugher did not have this kind of treatment when she started school they just put her in and left her go every day. When you started telling about your daughter going to school I thought how nice it is that they are slowly introducing her to school. Believe me time flys when they are young. Take lots of pictures. My daughter gets so made at me. I take a picture of her before every first day of school and after every first day of school. I put them in the photo album so that I can show her children some day. Not to mention I do embarras her by pulling out the pictures when there are boys in the house. However, I love those picture.
@carmelanirel (20979)
I thought I would be upset when my 5 year old started last Friday, but he enjoys it so much, I can't get upset. See we live in an area where there are no other kids and his older sister is 18, so anytime he can socialize with someone his age, he is happy and that makes me happy..^O^
@carolscash (9501)
I remember when my children started school and how sad I was to see them go. Now I home school them and I don't have to see them leave all the time. I think it was a good choice for us although it is a hard choice as I also work 32 hours a week at a job outside of the home and I also help my husband with his company. Good luck on seeing her leave.