What makes up a Home

House - A house clip art
I always here these words; A house is not a home. What do you think is the characteristic of a Home? What should it be made of to be called as that?
@jillhill (37384)
This is a House where love lives! Within these walls is the shelter, That harbors souls from threatening shadows. Where lives intermeshed by love Connect to share everyday moments. Where life is at it’s best Surrounded by only those things That can make life worth living. Where hearts can be open, Where love is unconditional, And arms are waiting to enfold a tired spirit with a welcoming embrace! Because this is a house where love lives! JillHolmes This is what a home is.
Very nice craft. Thank you for sharing that with us.
i like this description of a home. i'm giving it a plus. hehe. i also believe that a home should be where love lives. =)
@jillhill (37384)
Thank you!
home - A home is a place where a single person,family or group of people lives, perhaps they spend much of their time their, or where a person is comfortable being.
This is my small idea about the definition and characteristic about HOME. A home is a place where a single person,family or group of people lives, perhaps they spend much of their time their, or where a person is comfortable being. The word "home" is also used for various residential institutions which aspire to create a home-like atmosphere, such as a retirement home, a nursing home, a 'group home' (an orphanage for children, a retirement home for adults, a treatment facility, etc.), a foster home, etc.
Great comment. Another good definition from you.
"my heart is my home"....qwecq...qwecq....ha..ha..ha...(sorry I don't like to have LOL, its just not too expressive for me)...QWECQ..QWECQ..
Home to me is any place that one feels the most at peace at. Where a person can just let loose and not have a care in the world to stop them from feeling the peace that they feel in a certain space, area, what have you.
Yeah, it wasnt a home if peace wasnt in it.
@Malyck (3428)
For me, the house is just the building. What makes it a home are the memories, the comfort, the sense of self or family within it. I know my family home has always been home, as it is full of our stuff, heirlooms, and the happiness and lives of our family. Our presence is all very strong there and you know it's more than just some walls and a roof to live in.
You are so blessed to have a home. Happy posting.
@pyewacket (44036)
I've heard that saying to and what I think it means is that a "house" is just a building made of certain materials, but what makes it a home are the people in it, how they decorate it, the things that give a place a feeling, an aura if possible. I say aura, cause I tend to be one of those people that can really pick up on the "vibes" of a place...some are warm and inviting, and usually reflects the warmth of the people living there...and of course some are "cold" and impersonal and also reflects on the people living there--So a home is the "radiance" that is in it, what makes it alive
Very well said. Thanks for participating.
@sr0415 (1140)
hi hersmart4ever! :) For me, a home is a place where each member of the family if accepted. Each of us is imperfect and we need a place where we can be ourselves - accepted, cared for and loved. And when this "ingredient" is present in a certain family, such house becomes a home. And at the same time, when this place makes Christ as the center of their family, it is indeed a place called 'Home'. Take care and God bless! \(",)_
What a beautiful answer. Thanks a lot for that.
A home is a place where you feel comfortable being there. A home is also a place which you love hanging out, and feel as if you belong there forever. You feel hesitate to move out because your home is the most beautiful place to live. A home is also a place where people will praise whenever they pay you a visit. The cleanliness is taken care of, and it is always in a tidy and neat condition. That's my version of a home.
I liked your answer better. some place where i can fall asleep :) lol
Indeed it was the most beautiful place. Thanks for that comment.
@lilaclady (28240)
I call a home, a home when it is filled with memories as mine is, I have what is called a lot stuff, things thar remind me of my special times and the people I have loved and love....I go to some peoples places and see no so called stuff, just a painting on the wall and no stuff at all, their homes look like a magazine photo and I think oh I wish my home looked so neat and clean and spacious, clutter free, but then when I come home I look around and say ok clutter, things, stuff but each and every thing I have around the home is a memory, so I stay with my home of STUFF....
It was a memory. I agree. And to make it a home, memories should always be good ones. Thanks for posting.
Any building can be shelter, but what makes a home is that the people living inside the building are comfortable, and love eachother. Four people who hate eachother can live in a building, but it won't be a home, it will simply be shelter from the elements. Does that make sense?
So much sense dear friend. I agree that what you said fits the characteristic of a home.
I am sure it has been said, but I will say it again... Wood and bricks. haha. nah.... two parents, some kid, and a paycheck :). Wove, Twue Wove...
Thanks and thanks anyway.:)
@abroji (3247)
Many here have given the deferences between a house and a home. I too bear the same opinions. A house is a building ready to occupy. When somebody occupy and start to 'live' there it is a home. The life of the inhabitants who love each other and who appreciate each other and who understand each other makes a house a home. I consider my home as my own resort, where I can expect love and consideration. So it is the life within a house makes it a home. Good topic hersmart4ever. Thank you.
Thank you too. You had given a very good response which I appreciate so much.
@abroji (3247)
You are welcome my friend.
@brijlesh (273)
A house is make up with bricks,ciment and other physical and chemical things. Many peoples converts house into home by investing his love. The home which is made up of a lot of love is more beautiful and strongest then other.
Great use of the word investment. A home was indeed something where people invest love.
@TerryZ (22083)
A house is not a home till youve filled it with all you loved possesions. I firmly believe that. A house is not home till its filled with lots of love.
What is a house with out love. That was correct and absolute. Thanks.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
I've heard that expression many times over the yrs and I agree with it completely...I've lived in MANY "houses" in my life but only the past two places (where I am now and the house I moved from backin Canada) were my actual "home"...Whats the difference? A home is where there is of course love and acceptance but its also where there is stability (which is why so many of the places I lived in WERENT homes, I knew I wasnt there for the long term), there is warmth and compassion, a home is full of personalized things and has character that you can actually feel when you walk in the doors..a home is welcoming and like a soft fuzzy thick blanket on a cold winter day.....
Beautiful answer. Thanks for that.
@kimthedane (1000)
• Denmark
The simple answer is a place where somebody do live and what it is made of does not matter, as long as that person calls it home. I once had a friend who converted a deranged bus into he's own department on reels. Also i used to have one of these old fashioned workmens cabin on reals which i lived in for nearly 2 years. That was my little domain in middle of the countryside and i loved it. Only had electricity for tv and hifi, and used petrol for lighting and heating. Felt pretty close to nature.
@linoxy (285)
• Cyprus
I know you all heard of "A home is where your heart is" but I think that only this sentence is enough to describe where my home is :) (or anyones home)
@sigma77 (5385)
There is no set requirements that make up a home. You can create any kind of home you want to make for yourself. Whatever you feel comfortable with and makes you happy. Forget letting the experts make choices for you. You are always free to make a home into whatever you want and there is no one to judge your creation right or wrong.
@bhappy2 (327)
A house is only a home when it is warmed by love. It is a place where there is peace and comfort when you need it. The smallest, most run-down shack can often be more of a home than the fanciest mansion.
@williamjisir (22903)
A home is a place for us to relax from heavy work. A home is a place that offers us much love. A home is a place where we can sleep and have meals. A home is a place that needs to be well taken care of. A home is a place where we enjoy our happiness with our family. A home is a place...
@cher913 (25891)
what makes a house a home is the stuff that is inside your house. perhaps it is little bits and pieces of a collection or presents that you have recieved. it is also due to the surroundings and style of decor that you enjoy.