Baby Shower

@DJ9020 (1596)
Ok, here's the situation: I work with 12 other people, 10 women and 2 men. About 2 years ago I got mad because a woman I had worked with for 20 years did not invite me to the baby shower she threw for her daughter (her first grandchild). She said she did not want to 'obligate' anyone to come. Now my daughter is about to have a baby. Do I only invite the people I work with that I am closest to or everyone (13 now)? I'm thinking everyone, even though I know most will not come.
@jcyap888 (721)
if i were you i like fixing and repairing old things that might save me a savings. i have lots of old appliances to fix, got no time only i just kept it. if i had time i fix it and kept it for future use, or i will sell it.
@DJ9020 (1596)
Not sure what you mean - do you think I'm talking about a realy shower? A baby shower is a party.
@jcyap888 (721)
sorry i post the wrong message i responding the other one. i had post on your topic, hahaha! for me just ignore the person that dont invite you to their baby shower maybe she forgot or intensionally forget. if i were you just invite her and make friends again. maybe she will feel sorry not inviting you on her baby shower.
@DJ9020 (1596)
Whew! You had me going for a while, there. I was afraid there was a language barrier! And there is such a thing as a shower attachment for babies, so that's where I thought you were confused. I guess I'll just invite everyone, but I won't expect certain people to show up.
@Bev1986 (1428)
I'm sure this has passed already, as the baby is about to be born! lol! But just thought I'd throw in my two cents... I would invite them all and let them decide. Then you don't have to worry about hurt feelings. I rode to work with a girl for two years, we had grown up as neighbors and were very close friends (or so I thought....). When she got engaged, she asked a girl who she hadn't seen in years to be her maid of honor and one of her sisters in law to be in the wedding. She did not ask me... Everyone kept assuming I'd be in the wedding, and so did I! I still have no idea why she didn't ask me as I helped her do a lot of the planning and everything! But it was very hard for me to attend the wedding, wishing I had been in it instead. I know that's not the same as the baby shower, but I think you get the idea... I would invite them all... Hey, the more presents, the better! lol! Let me know how it went! :)
@DJ9020 (1596)
That's what I did, knowing that they wouldn't (and couldn't) attend. And I didn't get my feelings hurt about the ones that didn't. As to the wedding, I'm sure there were some family and 'political' considerations on who was in the wedding party. Wedding's aren't really about the brides, you know!LOL
@MrsFrizzle (1964)
If you have the room I say the more the merrier. You can tell them you understand if they are not interested in attending but I think the more guests means the more gifts for baby.
@DJ9020 (1596)
I knew some would be working, but I just it was polite to invite everyone.
@gabs8513 (48764)
Well I would invite all and then it is up to them if they come or not I think that is the best way then no one can say you never invited them
@DJ9020 (1596)
Good point, I should be the bigger person.