clothes - donation?

@rouwel23 (1353)
do you donate your old clothes to less fortunate people? I have lots of old clothes that I havent already worn for years, there are lots of beggars and less fortunate people here. so instead of giving them money, I decided to donate my old clothes. have you any old clothes there in your house? If you havent worn it, played with it, cooked with it, or looked at it for more than a year, why not donate it to someone who might actually need it? or have you tried a garage sale?
I have donated too much clothes to my in laws. They are living in a remote area somewhere in a province here in the Philippines. The province is Oriental Mindoro. They were not old clothes really but Ive been fat then so I had decided to send my clothes to then when some relatives they have went there.
@rouwel23 (1353)
you have done a great job. good for you.
@crazed_moma (1054)
I usually just take them to a thrift store unless I personally know some one who can use them. I generally donate thru a charity not just on the street.
@rouwel23 (1353)
good for you. It gives us a nice feeling to share something to others. keep it up.
@rouwel23 (1353)
however if in the streets there is a more personal connection to the person you are giving.
@ssh123 (31100)
Our family is quite big and i have 4 sisters abroad with their children and we get lot of clothese which are to be given to those to whom they are useful. We give away the clothese once a year free of cost to an agency which distributes it to less fortunate people.
@rouwel23 (1353)
yes, let us share, sharing is our message of love and hope to less fortunate people.
@meholl (510)
I find out if there is a family in need due to fire or such in the area, and I donate to them. If there is no such family in need, I donate my clothes to a church organization that is in need.
@rouwel23 (1353)
how often do you donate in church organizations? monthly?
@meholl (510)
I would say quarterly. Beings that there are six of us, it takes awhile to go through all the clothes and figure out what isn't getting worn, or what the kids have grown out of
@rouwel23 (1353)
clothes - 
it is a nice feeling to give to someone who needs them
that is very nice of you to give like that. and that often too.
@laurika (4536)
I have so many clother at home, what I don't liek any more, or it s too big or something is wrong with it.Anyway I was trying to donate clothes for charity long time ago in my country and the people in organization tell me, they don't need any cloths right now.It makes me pretty mad.So then I just left it by the big dumpster for homeless people.then I find other opportunity to bring it to the second-hand store and sell it , but I just don't feel like do it.For me it has better sense to give it to poor people.
@rouwel23 (1353)
yes, it is different if you sell it than giving it to others. there is a wonderful feeling when you give to less fortunate people.
@rouwel23 (1353)
Yes I do donate clothes.Our area is an earthquake hit one and there are thousands of people every year who lose their belongings.I donate clothes in particular to those who are needy.It gives a great satisfaction to me.
@rouwel23 (1353)
yeah, it gives a wonderful feeling of satisfaction and different level of happiness once we donate something to people in need.
@thefortunes (2368)
• Netherlands
Hi Rouwel23, twice each year I go through all my clothes and set aside what I haven't used and give it a good cleaning, and bring it to organizations collecting good and decent clothes for poor people, and for the 3rd world countries in Africa. The same I do with shoes, and everything else that could be used there. TheFortunes
@rouwel23 (1353)
that is wonderful and thoughtful of you to give your clothes to these organizations.