How often do you socialize

I love socializing a lot and I used to get myself involved in it too often when I was younger. Now, due to poor health and poor budget, I cannot go out much. But you know what? My socializing never ceased as I went on with it "online" by joining socializing sites which I enjoy so much. Mylot is definitely one among them. What about you? Do you still socialize? How often?
Yes I did but I found that I really spent too much time in socializing, it was like the only thing I would do. Now I don't socialize that much even though there are a lot of socializing sites and stuff like that. I get on those sites for some stuff I need to know but I don't really intend to socialize. I would prefer to do my stuff or read some books instead. I recently cut down the gathering time with my friends, as I wish to catch up with my own things. So I would say I only socialize like once or twice per month. If you count mylot as socializing, then it would be everyday then *laughs*.
At least you are still here on mylot and actively socializing with us. THanks for the comment.
Yes that's right! Mylot is almost the only place I socialize now! Have a good day.
@drannhh (15227)
Truly I prefer to socialize online rather than in person most of the time, because I like to multi-task and that would be rude off line. It is OK to go out for a nature walk or lunch or dinner every month or so, but I do not like to socialize more than that, as now that we are retired my husband and I enjoy just being together and we like to answer to nobody else. I don't even like to talk on the phone, even though we can call anywhere for free on our VOIP phone. But I am sorry to hear your health is not good. Please take care of yourself and get better. It is possible to live with a poor budget, but poor health must be no fun at all.
Socializing online makes us know people from all parts of the world. This is what I like about online socializing. But I miss the actual ones too.
yeah there is really a different
@anonymili (3138)
I did a lot of socialising through my late teens, ALL of my 20s and my early 30s. Then when I split up with my ex, I kinda retreated from socialising so much during my mid 30s (well actually from 32-35) and since then my social life has been rather hectic again. Hubby and I both work full time, we have no kids, we have a low mortgage, we save a lot of money each month and still are able to enjoy an active social life. I much prefer to have at least every other weekend at home doing our own thing though but hubby would like it if we did something every weekend. I think I enjoy parties more if there are gaps - time to look forward to them. If I go out every weekend I get rather bored of it all and then want to say NO to every invite LOL! I have to admit that mylot and similar sites I am registered with make up a part of my social life now. Nothing wrong with that and I'm not ashamed to admit that I enjoy spending time with my online friends :)
I am also not ashamed to admit that I am more into virtual socializing at present. I am enjoying my on line friends.
@sr0415 (1140)
Hi hersmart4ever! :) Wow! I never thought that being in myLot is already considered as "socializing" (online). hehehe... :) It's because when I hear the word socializing, I think of parties, road trip, Saturday gimmicks, Friday night-out and the likes. Hmmm, since I've been busy and started with work, I hadn't gotten out with my friends that much. But I see to is that I spend time with my family. That's what I call "socializing". *hehehe* But I do still keep in touch with my high school friends and also those I have gotten lost in touch with over the years. I check on their Friendster profiles and other connections that we have. :) On socializing, I treat my family when it's payday! *yOhooooo!* :) Take care always and God bless! \(",)_
I socialize with my customers bcse sales is what I do.I talk to my co-workers.My friends are very busy so I don't talk to them as much as I used to.It's hard for me to make friends and socialize bcse of the hrs that I work.
@webeishere (36353)
I feel online forums and chatrooms are also a form of socializing. It's kind of like socializing with a starger so to speak. I socialize a lot online as well in various forums and various chatrooms. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Yeah I think that mylot is a socializing site because we mix socially here with other members and we try to engage with other people here sometimes with friendliness.
Me by joining mylot i got the chance to socialize. Way before in college, i have a healthy social lifestyles because i am always at the school,i have so many friends there. But now because of limited time and budget, i just have my time for socializing online.
Thats the problem. Time and budget limits our socializing.
we can manage our time
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I do my best to socialize every day. The Bible says that he who isolates himself seeks his own way. The weather has been pretty nice in California this summer. I have spent more quality time hanging out with my friends in my apartment than I usually would. It has been quite nice.
I have so many friends from California and it seems that its a great place for socializing.
@wisconsin26 (3859)
I took can't afford to go out and do things I really want to do so I find sites like these to talk to people and chit chat and just meet new friends.. These sites are great mainly on getting to know them.. They help in a way because you really can't know a person by chatting with them here you can tell some what of who they are from reading topics and replies.. It is fairly neat..
Yeah it could be fairly neat and fun. Sometimes the people we get to know online become real life friends. Ive experienced this several times.
I involve in NGO activities where I has been appointed as one of the committee member in financial controller unit. And it is very interesting because make me learn more on practical for financial management structure, monitoring and control. I feel very proud because I sincerely can contribute my paper qualification(theory) knowledge and apply it on the field(reality). Management operation done among committee members via internet, such as monthly meeting by using webinar facility unless there is any calamity or major disaster happening to the respective area. My tasks' specializations are on cashflow, balance sheets, profit & loss and any pro forma of accounts. At 46 years old, I think this is the only way for me to socialize myself and put up my own definition and term about conducive socialization.
No matter what, that was still socializing. A fruitful and profitable one.
@sunshine4 (8709)
I also love to socialize. I was very shy as a child, so obviously I wasn't a social butterfly. Now that I am older, we have a circle of friends that get together once a month and just hang out. I also love to socialize online. I spend a good portion of my morning on mylot and other sites like it socializing while making $$.
I am also so shy as a kid but people change as time goes by.
I don't go out to often to socialize..I use to before I had my daughters...Now between raising the girl and my health Istay at home most of the time...Other than my family that I talk to everyday...most of the socializing is here on the net...Once in a while I do get a break from my kids and me and my sister does go out once a month for lunch and alittle shopping just to get out and have a brake from our kids...Next week actually next Friday my family and a cpl of my friends are taking me out for the night because it's my 30th birthday...
Advance happy birthday to you. I hope youll have a great time socializing then.
@mamasan34 (6521)
At least twice a week I get out and see other friends or have someone over. I am not working right now, so it is not so easy to see other people. I go to church and I am pretty active there and I see my other friends, we meet to go walking or for lunch. We try to do activities together as well.
Very simple and yet a very sensible way of socializing.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
You mean actual real life socializing I'm assuming LOL and the answer to that is..not often at all...In fact very very rarely do I go out or have ppl over these days but most of my friends are far away from me either in different countries or different states ya know....Thats why I spend so much time on the computer/internet...thats how we stay in touch for the most part...When I was a teen I was ALWAYS on the go...total social butterfly and even as an adult I did alot of it..At my house in Canada there were always ppl over hangin out too...since moving here though, naw....
At least there are people who visits you. That would help in keeping you from boredom.
@lucky_witch (2711)
Even when I was young I don not socialiae that much maybe because I am a really shy type of person. So I just keep company with the people I know so well, but for those I barely know, i find socializing very difficult. I am not for bars and parties even when I was younger and single. As of now, I make friends through mylots and other forums. And I really enjoy it I admit.
THanks to mylot. People of all types can now socialize even if its virtual. May you have more fun in here with us.
@Ricko82 (585)
I love to socialize when I was in college, but now that my friends and classmates have gone to other places to work, I'm left alone. That is why I'm so thankful for the internet, not only can I socialize around my place but I can socialize with the world. But I try to go out once a week just to relieve the boredom working online.
Same here, I am also thankful to the internet. Even when I cant go out to socialize, all I need to do is go "on" Thanks for the response.
@williamjisir (22903)
I love to socialize more with mylotters right now. I am here almost every day to interact with my friends. Of course in my real life I have more social activities to participate in. They are both a necessity to me.
Yeah I have noticed that and we are glad to socialize with you.
@dbhattji (2507)
I had never considered mylot as a socializing site more like discussing day to day questions, but if you mean chatting on net socializing then I spend very little time in that, I prefer going out and meeting people.
Meeting real people in real time can never be replaced by socializing online. It is always the best form of socializing.
but i dont really prefer online
@webeishere (36353)
Does this mean discussing day to day questions in real like is not socializing? I look at it as socializing be it life or cyber life.
@tuffy999 (794)
i love to socialize. go out and have fun. we need that to save our sanity.
Yeah I think I need that again now. To keep me sane.
just keep it up lol
@andrejuly84 (1047)
not too often.this isn't one of my life's activities.we live much isolated than socializing.course,i socialize on net but in the rest of the time,no time,no money,no trust(he didn't trust e so i can't have friends going out with them)few times a year i go out with a friend of mine since we were kids that doesn't live anymore in the town.and monthly we meet my sister-in -law with her husband and her little boy.there are times when we go on a restaurant if we have money,if we don't have,just walk in the parc
Its okay at least you still have a social life its just that its virtual.
yeah at least you have but its ok
@lynboobsy11 (11346)
I mean the same problems too, I love to socialize to people but now as a fulltime mom and a homebody person I just express it through online and sometimes friends on the phone.
I am glad that through socializing sites, Ive come to know people like you. Who knows, one day we might socialize in person. When that time comes, we will be thankful for mylot because we meet here first.
your right there who knows
@mimpi1911 (25454)
Nowadays i hardly socialise and this has all to do with the time factor. I am poor time manager and except on sundays i hardly get time to hang out with friends. I totally agree with you when you say that myLot is a social networking site. I visit this place more often than i do my best friend's house. She will kill me for this but its true. The lovely friends i have made here are unbeatable. Thanks all.
Its a good thing that our online friends wont kill be able to kill us. LOL.
lol your right there