When did you learn how to bike

I used to go biking a lot when I was a kid. I learned this skill when I was less than 5 but I was using a bicycle with side wheels so I wont stumble. I had managed to bike with out those side wheels after several weeks only. Until now, I still know how to use the bicycle and I had bought bicycle which I intend to use for short distance travel and for exercise. How about you? When did you learn biking?
I love going on biking adventures. Have ever since I learned how to ride a bicycle. Which I learned how to do at the age of 5 years old. Of course I started out with training wheels. I think my parents kept them on for a week just to make sure I understood the concept of staying upright on a bike, but after they were off, my parents couldn't get me to stay off my bike. And that has stuck with me to this day. I go out biking every morning, just to get out of the house and to get some exercise. Although today I haven't done it, cause I'm not feeling so good today.
But it seems you still learned fast. I do not remember how long my training wheels stayed on my bike. I just realized one day that I already know how to bike.
I've been a pretty quick learner in most the things I do, but for that age it just seemed that it was a little to soon to be taking training wheels off, luckily though I had learned enough and didn't fall after they were removed.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
I learned how to ride a bike when I was 8 years old on my birthday. I got a brand new bike that day and my dad took me outside and taught me how to ride it. I can't remember the color of the bike, just remember getting one and him teaching me how to ride. It was a great time one on one with me and my dad that I'll never ever forget.
Sometimes, dads and biking go together. My first trainer too, is my dad.
@steerforth (1802)
I went with my bike the first time when I was 6 years old and I like to go out with my bike, but I cant take it only once a week.
Both of us started young. My kids learned how to use the bike by themselves.
@peanutjar (5211)
Hello hersmart4ever!How are you?Well i think as far as i can remember right i was around 4 1/2 years old driving with training wheels and it was my grandfather that decided it was time i learned to ride without them.I was soo scared of falling it was unbelievable!!He said "dont worry,if you fall you have to get right back on and try again!".He took them off and said "get ready!" and gave me a push and of course i fell,never cried though.I wanted to make my big girl.I tried again,he pushed me,it was wobbly alot and i just made my legs peddle like crazy and off i went!!I was screaming with joy,plus scared of falling both together.I rode my bike soo much that day that my legs hurt so much.Hoola hoops was fun learning too!Ha!lol:)
I could never learn how to use hoola hoops no matter how I try. Until now, I am stil trying but still fail.
@avzz08 (103)
I learned how to ride a bike when i was 7. It was just by accident. My unlce went here in our place, then saw my bike (at that time i really don;t know to ride it properly). He then asked me to show my skill in riding (since i already owned one he said). I couldn't say no, because Im afraid of being embarrased. So I hop in, and pedaled my way to him. I was shocked when I didn't tipped over or fell. Tha't how I learned to ride my bike for the very first time.
An instant learner. That's what you are.
when i WAS ABOUT 5 OR 6 i TOOK MY FATHER'S LARGE AND HEAVY BIKE TO A STEEP DIRT HILL. My OLDER BROTHER WAS PRODING E ON AND RH TOLD ME TO EITHER RIDE OR FALL AND IF i FELL THAT i NEEDED TO GET BACK ON AND RIDE AGAIN. THAT FIRST RIDE DOWN THE HILL (ABUT 1/4 MILE LONG i FELL A FEW TIMES BUT BY THE THIRD TRIP DOWN THAT HILL i WAS NOT FALLING ANY MORE, we DID NOT HAVE TRAINING WHEELS BCK THEN (OVER 50 YEARS AGO) OR IF THEY WEE AROUND i DID NOT KNOW OF THEM. i AM FIXING UP A BILE NOW TO GO SHORT DISTANCES AND GET SOME EXERCISE. Sorry abut the capitals letters. I was not looking and did not realize that the caps lock was on.
That was a challenging way of learning how to use the bike. I would be scared if I am in that situation.
@blackbriar (9080)
I don't remember how old I was when I learned how to ride a bike but I do remember it didn't take me long to learn. I still ride my 15yr. old bike on one of my paper routes and into town alot. Saves me a lot on gas that way.
That is also what I like about biking. It's a good exercise and it helps us to save a lot of gas.
@jennybianca (12915)
I think I was abpout 7 yerars old when I learnt to ride a bike. My daughter was 6 years. I didn't ride for many years as an adult, but I bought a bike a few years ago. What I didn't realise was that I had lost my confidence going downhill. So now I' m scared. My husband is trying to get me back riding a bike again.
I love biking but I never developed the confidence in going down hills. Whengoing up, I would go down and just pull the bike.
I don't know how to ride a bike. LOL
Lemme teach you then. LOL.
@rouwel23 (1353)
I learned how to bike when I was 10 years old, I use to fall from the bicycle a lot of times before I truly learned how to bike I dont know how to ride a motorcycle, but I always envy kids or people who could ride the bike raising their hands, without using your hands
My childhood friends could do that. They could even comb their hair using two hands with out holding the bike's handle.
I was around 4 years old.I remember i had an injury when i fell down off the bike.
That was bad. Maybe its not just for you.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I can pinpoint the exact year when I started learning to ride a bike. It was 1977 and I was 8 years old. I remember it well because the movie "Roots" was premiering for the first time one television. I remember that my mom had bought my two sisters and I a burgundy three speed. When I finally started getting the hang of it, I remember not knowing how to use the brakes to stop. So, I would crash into the garbage can on the side of the road. Once, I rolled so far, that I almost went into the street. You can just imaging how frightening that is for an eight year old.
That is what I had been doing too when I wasnt still aware about using the brakes. I let the bike crash somewhere. LOL.
@sunshinecup (7881)
I reckon I was about 7 or 8. I got a late start cause my parents didn't have the funds to by me a bike till I was that old. Now my girls have had one since they were 2 and we keep them with a bike. We like to go for bike rides once a weekend when the wheather is good for it.
I think kids today learn things earlier than we do then.
@lani0529 (1726)
Hello Hermie!(",) Too bad for me, I haven't learned until now. Actually when I was 8-9 years old I practiced biking but I always end up crashing and bruised so I decided to quit. That's why until now I just ride on the back of the bicycle. Great day!(",)
Even I had plenty of bruises before I had learned how to go biking properly.
@stvasile (7317)
I didn't have a bike when I was little so I only learned to ride one when I was 17 years old. A friend of mine was a bit busy and told me to ride his bike until he finishes. I told him I don't know how to ride a bike but he insisted I do it. I got up on the bike and started to ride it. I didn't even fell! :)
@julianarw (1524)
• Netherlands
Lucky you you didn't even fell. The first time i learn bicycle, i fell and must go to hospital for x-ray my knee :)
@dianne17k (600)
I was about 6 when I got my first bicycle with training wheels on it. At first, I was very dependent on my training wheels but as soon as they started to loosen, I managed to learn to balance myself on the bike without them. Within weeks, I was already able to jump off pavements without falling. I've had many bicycle accidents already but that doesn't stop me from wanting to buy another bike.
@chrislotz (8203)
I was very young, like you. I think it was before I started school when I was 5 years old. I still ride a bike a lot. My hubby and I go riding in the evenings when its not too cold out. It's good exercise, but it's not why we do it. We bike ride because we love to. We live by a park with bike paths and its fun and safe. I love to see the flowers and now the trees turning colors. But that won't be for very long as most of the trees are and have lost all their leaves. It will soom be winter.
@tryxiness (4548)
I learned the basic when I was 5, but I learned to bike daringly when I was 10. :)
@beyonce03 (2331)
Like you, I first started using a bicycle with side wheels. I don't remember at what age I started using the bike without the 2 little wheels. But I don,t know why, I still remember that the bike was blue :P
@cici6880 (656)
I am shamed that I don't know how to ride bike because I am afraid when there are people or cars behind me in the street.My mother taught me several times but I still cant do it.