freecycle

Here in england we have what is known as freecycle websites. There are websites for each area and yu can post on it stuff you no longer need for people to pick up rather than throw it onto landfill sites. There is loads of stuff passed on for free daily. Do you have anything like it in the usa?
we have freecycle here to I live in Georgia and I use freecycle all the time it is a great community
Brilliant - shame it wasn't thought about years ago!
@gabesmom (1246)
Yes, we do. I check Freecycle in my Yahoo Groups almost everyday. I have given away and received a lot of items. It's a good way to save the environment and money, too. I wish more people would use this site. I'm really glad you have that in England.
Yes - I think we have it in all areas of England and I wouldn't be surprised if it is to be found all over the UK
Here's my question to you do you have anything better to discuss than whether or not the US has freecycle?
yes - can custard cream biscuits be purchased in the US?
My goodness. That sounds a bit hostile! I think its a great question, because I think freecycle is a fabulous opportunity to save money and even better, to save the environment. The detriments to the environment are worsening daily and because of that, we have begun a fight against ourselves in effort to save the earth. I don't think there should be any debates on whether or not freecycle is a valid discussion, being that freecycle has prevented us from using thousands of materials we might have if we hadn't been able to get an item for free. Plus, that same item did not end up in the landfill, adding to the pollution and problems. I am located in the U.S. and I was presented with the opportunity to freecycle about 3 years ago. I have since been hooked. I think its a wonderful way to prevent waste, to recycle, and to appreciate the community. I think that freecycle should be discussed as often as possible, because there are a TON of people who are not informed of this wonderful group.
@urbandekay (18314)
Intriguingthoughts, clearly your posts do not live up to your name all the best urban
@eden32 (3978)
We have freecycle here in Massachusetts too. I have found homes for so much stuff that would otherwise have wound up in at the dump and saved so much money getting things I needed from freecycle. Our site allows you to post what you are looking for once you have posted a couple of give aways, that's especially helpful. A couple years back I charity I am involved with was looking for craft materials, and through freecycle I was able to donate boxes & boxes of supplies that were needed.
It is a brilliant idea isn't it! I know some people use freecycle for profit too, but I see no harm in that. Better for someone to take stuff and sell it on at bootsales than it go on landfill sites