Chain ...SNATCHING.

Arrested chain snatchers with police - chain snatching
@subathra (3519)
Many method are being used by chain snatechers.Observing particular lady when how she walks in the street the chain snatcher uses his method.He uses two wheeler and drives close to her and approaches her.He keeps his hand on her neck, within a second he snatches her chain and escapes in his two wheeler. He gives her no opportunity to see his two wheelers number plate.He snatches gold chain worth Rs.40,000/- thousand or more.If these ladies wear one or two soverign the loss will be small.some women wear 6-10 soverign of gold chain and i think this type of theives are not easily traceable and if so..they would have sold this chains and its not easy to recover it from them by the police. This news is most common when we turn the pages of local newspapers.I have personally witnessed a chain snatch while i was waiting in a busstop from a women and the snatcher escaped within a second in his vehicle in a road turn.some people tried to follow him but returned and said that he escaped somewhere but they noted down the vehicle number. Once my friend who used to park her two wheeler in a stand near railway station happened to meet a chain snatcher who tried to snatch her chain within the stand premises.but she hold the chain and hit him hardly with her elbows and shouted for help.Being a busy place people rushed to that place and he escaped narrowly.she had bruises and cuts all over her neck in that tough fight.For quiet some days she feared wearing that chain again. I dont know how i would have reacted in this tensed situation being in my friends plac as these people uses knieves and kill people sometimes who fights with them to protect their valuables. share your views and experiances friends..
@DJ9020 (1596)
Here in Texas we recently had a report of a woman who was snatching chains from children! Mostly it was girls about 6 or 7 years old wearing gold chains with crosses or hearts, something they had been given as gifts. Fortunately she was caught. I had never heard of such a thing before, and she was targeting kids!
@subathra (3519)
This kind of theft by women from young kids is also common in India.I think people needs more awareness so that they can protect thier jewels from chain snacthers.
@ArsonCuff (3121)
criminals are usually the ones walking with their heads up and looking around at everyone...most normal people walk looking sort of downward and minding their own business
@subathra (3519)
you are right as these criminals look all around noticing peoples activities for planning their theft.
@yanstill (1491)
it is really terrible thing.chain snatchers.it happens somewhere in China too,maybe different methods.sometimes those robbers will hurt people in order to get things they wanted,like cut off one's finger in order to get a ring.i didnt experience this before,maybe because i never wear anything valuable. actually i think local police station need to focus on these kind of things and avoid it to happen again.but it's not easy to do it.we should have a long term way to solve the problem,like increase living standards and education of some places.
@subathra (3519)
yes yanstill..this problem is not easy to solve as its difficult for police give protection for people against chain snatchers.like you say poverty is one main cause for this.
@rb200406 (1825)
You might find my answer funny but practically it is better to have minimum gold in your body.Too much havy jewellery attarcts them & also risks our lives.
• Pakistan
i agree and you know what in my country people are so skillful that they take the bangles outta girls hands while just walking and the girl doesnt come to know. and now a days the mobile snatchers have also on the rise:) i am just neighbour to your country
@subathra (3519)
Taking bangles from womens hand..i wonder how skillful these robbers are? Mobile snatching is also most common these days and complaints are piling up in large numbers with police.
@deebomb (15323)
Crime of all kinds are going up. I would suggest that if a person wanted to wear jewlery of any kind to keep it out of sight. and only wear it when you get to where yor going.
@subathra (3519)
I agree with you but people in India wear lot of jewels all time and hence chain snatching is very much a common kind of theft here.
I think in this times, we should be very careful and alert, it is better if you know a little bit of self defense so that you could fight those bad people. Earning money is so hard that's why we cannot deny the fact that other people would rather fight back than let the chain snatchers take away their money.
@subathra (3519)
You are absolutely right.Like you say people needs to be more careful as its not easy to buy valuables.