Will you work at home during the weekends?

China
Well, I used to reply some emails during the weekend for company things, but now I don't like it at all since I respect my weekends with my friends:) What about you?
@ssh123 (31104)
Our home is situated in the amidst of commercial hub and therefore thoughout the week, all my family members are seeing the same shops day in and day out. So there is no question of going out for shopping. Only late in the evening on weekends we go out for dinner to relative's house, as I would like to avoid eating the hotel food. Some relatives and friends visit us on weekends.
Hehe, Sadaananda, thank you for sharing your weekend activities to us, that's pretty good. For me my parents live in another city 400 kms away from me, I don't often go home to visit them, though I would like to drop them a visit every week. Hope I could own a car soo so that I could dirve home every week in future.:) Andy
@ssh123 (31104)
It would be prohibitively exhorbitant and waste of fuel to drive 400 kms everyweek. My inlaws are 355 kms from Bangalore and I go only once in 6 months by car. It costs close to $300 to and fro petrol charges.
Well, it is not that rich driving in China, it costs around RMB500.00 to dirve home and back to my work place. I wish I could buy a big enough house in Guangzhou so that my parents could move to live with us if they don't want to live in my home town. Andy
@vinzen (1022)
OH, i never bring home any work from my office or work place and make sure that no matter even if i have to sit for 1-2 hurs extra in the office, i end it up all there and then return home to be with my family, as weekends for me and my husband are family time. And i think we all ought to do that, of course there are exceptions, and those who are work-o-holics who just cant stop working at all, so they carry all thei work home and weekends are ruined that ways for the family i feel. We all look forward for a change during the weekend at least, after working hard during the weekdays, kids included,so either we just go out of the house to family of freinds, or just go shopping and very rarely eat out, just a light bite as i dont think its very healthy eating out, just occassionaly is alright. Of course we do work online at times and mylot, we can never forget, but the working hours are not much and many as we have just made it a rule for all the family memebers that wed spend time together doing things, but together.
Hello Vinzen, Really good points here! I do wish I could do exactly as you suggested as above. Yep, like what the Scroll Book says,"The problems of my home will be left in my home.I will think naught of my family when I am in the market place for this will cloud my thoughts. So too will the problems of the market place be left in the market place and I will think naught of my profession when I am in my home for this will dampen my life". WBR, Andy
@vinzen (1022)
Thanks for marking this as the best response, i appreciate that :)
@cefaz_21 (2597)
I really do not want to work at home during weekends, I try to stay away from mylot too, I wanted my weekends to be dedicated to other works I have in my hand, or rest if I don't have anything to do in particular.
Good, for me , I just got some time during the weeking writing mylots, so I couldn't stop it during the weekend if I stay at home:) Well, to me, wirting in mylot is not a kind of work but some quite of hobby here:) WBR,Andy
Not much to say for this subject as every weekend now I concentrate on my cyberfriend on myLot, running for discussions page-to-page making ratings point and earnings. My offline frenz now realized that I'm addicted to myLot planet and they don't mind for my changing.
:) That's cool, you are really a fan for Mylot. Well, I am not that addicted to Mylot now, since I would rather have some time walking with my GF, or play some basketball during the weekend.:) Andy
@eprado (1473)
Nope, I won't work at home during the weekends. Its the only time I have to spend with the family and that's important to me. :-)
That sounds good, I sometimes could enjoy the total weekend with my family and friends, but sometimes I would get quite some calls from my customers, which would interrupt me here.:) Andy