YELLING in the work place

Has your boss or anyone to that matter every yell at you in front of other co-workers.My boss yelled at me loudly one day and I spoke with her the next day about it. She said she was just being stern and then started yelling again.I pointed it out to her that she was yelling again and she got real quiet.I dont think she realizes she is yelling..Its her personality I think..I was mad at her but slightly embarrassed about the situation..Have you been yelled at while working? How did you handle it? My husband says I should stand up for myself and say "you will respect me and treat me the way you would want to be treated" is this good advise?
@wisconsin26 (3859)
I have always stood up for myself no matter what... I don't let anyone yell and scream at me.. I know when i was working a few years ago my boss did that to me and she got a kick of it thinking she could do it all the time... So i would raise my voice to her and she didn't like it, I told her if she was going to treat me that way i was going to do the same back you know that's my motto "Treat people the way you want to be treated"... I have always treated people with respect no matter what...
thanks wiscosin its all about respect your right.
@agnescav (566)
I have had bosses start to yell at me but I think my eyes fire up or something because they wound up saying something like, 'i'd like to talk to you before your break' or something like that. I do think it is a good idea to talk to your boss, not necessarily the way your husband suggests, especially if you need your job. Mentioning how much you enjoy your job and suggesting a more professional approach is the way I would go.
Thanks for your response agnescav.
@devilsangel (1817)
I was in the military so I had people yelling at me all the time. Most of the time I'd just stare past them till they finished and go on about whatever I was doing. When I got out I had one boss try to yell at me, turns out he realized a little to late how much of a bad idea that was. I explained to him that I am not his child and he will not speak to me that way ever. I then explained to him that the job was not that important to me and if he ever yelled at me like that again I'd knock his teeth down his throat. (sometimes I have anger management issues lol)