Do you give your children money or pack them a lunch for school?

@peanutjar (5211)
Do you prepare a lunch for them to bring?Or do you give them money to buy their own lunch or a ticket pass for the week?I find alot of the times when given money for lunch,its just spent on junkfood.
@Nardz13 (5059)
• New Zealand
Hi there. My children are 14 and 12 years old, young teens, they make there own lunches, which usually is sandwiches, museli bars, fruit and a packet of potato chips...
@peanutjar (5211)
Its always fun when they make their own.:)
@mistissa (1348)
• Netherlands
Here they are not able to buy their lunch in school, only when they go to highschool. I just pack a lunch for them and will continue doing that, that way I know what they eat. And they also cannot spend it on junk
@peanutjar (5211)
Thats the main problem,junk food.:)
@BinKsBaBy (507)
well my daughter just started her 2nt week of kindergarden and so far I have made her lunch everyday, but I have sent her with money to buy milk. I dont have to worry about her using the money on junk food because (for now at least) she will only have the chance to buy what the daily menu idems for that day along with milk yogart a idem from the salad bar(fruits and veggies) All for 2.00 which I think is pretty good! But I will be more worried about her lunch money going towards JUNK as she gets older. LOL! I know I used to spend my lunch money on junk!
@peanutjar (5211)
Hi!I bought alot of pop and fries with gravy with mine!LOL:)
In my sons school they have a lunch ID and we have to put money into that account. The school also has taken out all the junkfoods in the vending machine, so that is a good thing. He is 12 years old now and watches the lunch menu closely. On days that they have nothing to offer that he likes, he will pack his own lunch and I think that is good for him to do. I do check it to make sure that it is not just junk food. I keep chips, sandwich meats, snacksize cupcakes and fruit on hand for when he does take his lunch. He even likes to take veggies with him on occasion. It is a little more expensive, but I would rather spend the money and know that he is eating than going without or finding just snack food to eat for lunch.
@peanutjar (5211)
I will do the same with my daughter.:)
@nikkiwith (1074)
When my daughter starts school i will give her lunch money once a week. I try to give my daughter many healthy foods but like most kids she loves her lollies and chocolate. I don't let her eat a lot of junk food and i have been lucky when it comes to drinking, because she only really likes to drink water! Myself and most of my family can't stand fizzy drinks.
@peanutjar (5211)
There is too much sugar in those things.I use to drink alot of pop,but stopped when i became pregnant with my daughter.She likes to drink juice boxes with real fruit juice.Your lucky your daughter likes to drink water,there are alot who do not.:0