Discover the 90/10 Principle - Let me know what you think??

India
September 4, 2007 11:54pm CST
What is this principle? 10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react to a situation. What does this mean? We really have no control over 10% of what happens to us. Things like the train coming late, raining, people shouting at us, please finding fault in us, etc to mention a few. But we determine the other 90%. How? By our reaction. You cannot control the red light at the signal, but you can control your reaction. Think about this 90/10 principle. Let me know if anyone is following this principle already, do you think this is really effective in your life?? If anyone if coming across this principle for the first time, let me know how feel after reading thing and I would suggest try it out and let me know the results!
1 person likes this
2 responses
@thefortunes (2368)
• Netherlands
5 Sep 07
Hi Muralimullapudi, thank you for sharing this principle here. It sounds as very real to me, and correct. I will definitely try to figure it out more precisely, but I am sure this is how things fuction in my life too. Did you come up yourself with this idea, or did you read somewhere about it?
1 person likes this
• India
5 Sep 07
I read it on some other portal and felt that I should share it with as many people as possible, so that there will be atleast a little change in the way the world looks at life!! Thanks for responding, I would suggest you also pass on information regarding this principle to as many people as possible. Thank you!
1 person likes this
• Philippines
2 Oct 07
anyone can see that it is a good thing that this information has been shared with us by our mylot friend, here. neither did i have this information previous to this one. it seems to me like it is more of a fifty-fifty thing. there appears to be so many things taking place in my life which are out of my control. all these happenings have caused me so much treoubles, discomforts and numerous problems. now, i will have to be meditating as to how come, in my case, the ten percent has taken hold so much of my life...it seems to have been the central one of mine. that makes the kind of life that i have been living quite abnormal then.
• Philippines
2 Oct 07
i have never pondered before about this ninety-ten principle. although it is true that there are some occurrences in our lives which are totally out of our control, it never crossed my mind that it only constitutes ten percent of my life. it feels to be much higher than this figure. as for the ninety percent, this only shows how much responsibility we carry over what will happen to us as we keep to be living in this world. ninety percent is no laughing matter. it is such a gigantic figure. let us therefore use our will power in wielding for ourselves a good life.