On-line math help and resources

@AndriaToh (1268)
Malaysia
Hi Moms at myLot, I am willing to help if you or your kids have any math questions (K-12). I am a teacher. I write math books and I have a math site: http://www.onlinemathlearning.com The site has a collection of math games, worksheets etc. that could be useful.
@creematee (2810)
I visited your site, and it looks amazing! I know my 3rd and 1st grade kids are going to benefit from it! Thank you so much for sharing it.
@AndriaToh (1268)
Thank you for your kind comments. Let me know if there are other topics that you think would be helpful.
@SViswan (12071)
It looks great:) My older son is in 2nd grade and he's trying to learn the multiplication tables. He knows the concept of multiplication...but he needs to know his tables for quick answers. Is rote study the only way?
@AndriaToh (1268)
I think that it helps for him to know the simple patterns - 5 timee table: end with alternate 5 and 0 - 9 times table: the tens digit increases by 1 and the ones digit decreases by 1 and their sum is always 9. It also helps to know that multiplication is repeated addition. I find that initially some children will mentally add to fill in the numbers. However, eventually it would have to be memorized otherwise the child may face difficulties when it comes to division. This can be done with the help of worksheets or even math games. There are some worksheet generators and math games on my site which may help.
@SViswan (12071)
He's comfortable with 1-5 tables and he knows multiplication is repeated addition. So sometimes he fills in gaps by counting. For eg. 8x9, he's count back 8 from 80 (since he knows 8x10=80). That would take time if he has more sums to do. He also knows the nine tables by using his hands ( something I found on the net).
@AndriaToh (1268)
I think that you son is doing great. Since he knows the concepts, the speed of multiplication will increase with practise.