Do you run late, early or on time?

I always tend to be early because my father was always late and that always meant rushing to do anything and I hated that. The other reason I am always early is out of respect for other people's time. I find it rude to keep other people waiting. It shows a complete lack of respect for their time and schedule and plans. And, it's basically a way of saying that your time is more valuable. Now, I think that some people do it to get attention because they feel inadequate and being late and having someone waiting on them makes them feel important. The problem with that theory is that most of us are just annoyed by having to wait on someone who is so discourteous. The next time you have an appointment, try to think about others. We will think you are special if you aren't thoughtless of our time and schedule. And, please don't use the excuse that you just can't help being late. That's bull! Anyone can plan their time enough to make sure they show up on time to appointments. I have a friend who used to go to a doctor who would always make her wait half an hour or more so she finally billed him for her time. After that, he never made her wait again.
@pyewacket (44036)
That was a great idea of your friend to bill the doctor for that wasted time waiting. I'm one of those early birds...I'd much rather be early for an appointment than late--I try not to be too early, then that kind of defeats the purpose and then I have to wait a long time, especially if the other person is running late!
I liked her idea, too. I may use it one day if I go to a doctor. I don't usually. I just pray for my healing and God is dependable to heal me.
In the professional, working world, I consider it extremely important to arrive early for appointments, interviews and meetings. This shows that you are a worker and one that cares to learn all that you can about the subject at hand. When it comes to the job interview, there is no doubt that it is best to arrive at least 15 minutes early because you will probably have to fill out an application. When it comes to meetings, it is good to show up early to get a head start on what is going to be discussed, to meet others that you may not have met in the past and to probably get a good seat in the conference room. When it comes to the social part of time, it is good to arrive early, sometimes. This means that if you are going on a first date, it would probably be best to show up just a bit late to give your date the time needed to get ready. If you are a male, like myself, you do not want to show up early, meet the parents, so that you can give them more than enough time to hate you and kick you out of the house before you get the chance to tell your date how beautiful she is. If you run late all of the time, this is not good. As a manager, I used to tell my staff that it is best to show up 15 minutes early to get a head start on the shift. If you are late or show up on time, I used to tell them that you are already behind in the game and are hurting your co-workers because their work is suffers. This does not make for a happy crew. As I let this sink in, time and time again, it made work so much easier and everyone was always happy.
You must be pretty young if you have to be concerned about meeting parents on a date. I would like to say that you don't want to assume that the young lady won't be ready when you show up. She may pretend not to be ready but most females who are anticipating a good date are going to be ready well ahead of the time they are supposed to be ready. It's also a good idea not to completely avoid the parents because some parents won't let their daughter go out with someone they haven't met because they are trying to protect their daughter.
@caver1 (1765)
I usually arrive a little early for appointments, because I do not want anyone to have to wait on me. I had an job interview today. How would it have looked to the employer if I showed up late? Not very responsible.
Agreed. It's always important to be early for interviews/appointments.