salmon

has anyone got a good recipe for fresh salmon?
@twilight021 (2060)
I really like salmon. I think it's a really versatile fish and I think it's always good. You can try this recipe with some rice and vegatables. 2 pounds salmon fillets, about 6 to 8 ounces each 2/3 cup honey 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or a Creole mustard 1 medium clove garlic, very finely minced Dash dried leaf basil Dash sea salt Dash freshly ground black pepper Heat oven to 400°. Line a shallow baking dish with foil and grease lightly with olive oil. Combine honey, mustard, minced garlic, basil, and salt and pepper in a food storage bag or container. Add salmon and seal or cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Remove salmon from the marinade and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake the salmon fillets in the prepared pan, skin side down, for 14 to 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked through
another lovely recipe. thankyou all for such a great response
@krebstar5 (1267)
One of my favorite ways to have salmon is to marinate it on some soy sauce, olive oil, and fresh lemon juice. It is really easy and really tasty. What I usually do it marinate it for a few hours in the mixture with the fleshy part down. Then I flip it over and cook it in the oven. The leftovers also make a really great cold salmon salad.
Gosh that sounds unusual. I've never thought of putting soy sauce on salmon. Too late now - have eaten the salmon, but next time i will definitely give it a go. Thanks - shirley
buy it from the store?
I've already bought it - now i want some interesting way to cook it
@Uroborus (910)
I take the whole fish and place it on top of a large piece of aluminum foil. I then brush the fish with olive oil and cover it with slices of lemon. You then wrap it up in the aluminum foil and place in the oven at 350 degrees. The amount of time you bake for depends on the size. Best to check it periodically to see when its done.