My Daughter

@jillhill (37383)
I have two. I remember while trying to raise them the difficulties we endured especially once puberity set in. Then they grew up and when they were in their early twenties we finally became friends. This is to my two daughters Dawn and Stephanie. My Daughter! From the moment I first held you, And looked at you I knew! That there was something special in my life, My daughter, it was you! Then I watched you grow All through those years, With patience, style and grace. From that tiny child, you’ve come to this My girl, all frill and lace! But a woman too, whose life is full A wife and mother strong! Who understands, what love can be For I have known it all along. That the woman now, who fills those shoes, I’m very proud to say. Has taken life and made it good For so many along the way! No words express the joy I feel The love I have is true. For the little girl who lives in my heart My daughter, it’s still you! Jill Holmes
@theprogamer (10539)
Yep, no matter what the kids do, how far they go, how old they get, they are still our kids. Keep treasuring your children both the memories and the present. :)
@jillhill (37383)
For sure! Thanks for responding!
@lilaclady (28240)
I think this is what happens with the majority children growing up. especially girls, I have heard a few girls who were problem children in their teens say "i don't know how my mother coped with me" I think they start walking in their mothers shoes so to speak. They learn to appreciate what it is to be mother, even before they have kids, they still know...
@jillhill (37383)
So very true!
@KarenLO (238)
Jill can sure write poetry that touches my heart. I love your poem.
@jillhill (37383)
Thank you Karen...as you know I value your opinion!
To grow up is hard, to be a person that adds to everyone's lives along the way, is remarkable. It is obvious from your poem that you reared very strong, confident, yet gentle women. It says a lot about them, and it says a whole lot about you. : )
@jillhill (37383)
Thank you so very much!