Fireworks

@Victoria7 (1242)
Spain
When do you have fireworks? In England it´s traditionally on Guy Fawkes (5 November). In the Canaries it´s whenever Spain scores a goal in the football, be it in the day or night time! I like firework displays but remember being disappointed when I saw "indoor fireworks" (remember them? LOL)
@pumpkinjam (5688)
Well, I am in England, it seems that near me, there is any excuse for fireworks. There is a large Asian community where they have fireworks for Diwali, then people have them for Christmas and New Year as well as obviously Guy Fawkes night. And I'm sure I have known people who have even had them for Hallowe'en and some even for birthdays if fireworks are on sale by then! I really hate them!
@justnitya (1393)
in india during diwali
@oriental (1051)
• Uruguay
fireworks - :)
Next Saturday night we are having fireworks in Montevideo. Once a year there is a "noche de las luces" (night of lights). I think it's sponsored by Coca Cola. Also at Nochebuena (24th.December night) and New Year's Eve there are fireworks and, as in Spain, when Nacional beats Peñarol or viceversa (uruguayan football teams).
@deebomb (15347)
Here in the good ole USA it depends on where one lives. In the middle of the country they are shot off only on the 4th of July (Independence Day),because of the dry conditions of the prairie. (Fire hazzard)Here in the south East we shoot the off for the 4th and for birthdays and New Year's Eve. By the way I like your dancing penguin
@cikedo (3487)
I live near Disney world and they have fireworks at the parks every night.
@malsun (1528)
in USA, its on independence day July 4th and also on new years
@toonatoons (3740)
usually, we have fireworks to open big events, like,in our town, the lighting up of a mansion to begin the christmas season. people from different places would flock at this particular place to see the fireworks, and to see the lights
@claudia413 (4284)
Here in the US, we usually have fireworks on the 4th of July (Independence Day) and New Year's Eve. Many sporting events will have fireworks displays at halftime or at the end of a game. They're always fun to watch.
@donglory (677)
• Ghana
christmas
@Idlewild (6105)
I was in Scotland during Guy Fawkes day once and the natives had to explain to me what it was all about. In Guatemala they light fireworks on Christmas eve and Christmas day. It's pretty unusual to see. In the U.S., it's July Fourth and New Year's Eve, mostly.
fireworks - fireworks
i love fireworks
@RieRie (822)
I've heard fireworks here since October, so I guess that was Divali, then some people had them for Halloween and I think people will just buy them just because they can and use them whenever.
In India we just love fireworks. We have Fireworks During Diwali. That is our festival of light. We eve have fireworks when India wins a Cricket match Specially against Pakistan. I just hope no one is offended by my comments. I love the people from Pakistan. I am just stating some facts.