Mylot Posting Challenge

Friends, Countrymen, Mylotters: Hear me for my cause.... I have been seeing so many posts saying which talk about being bored with mylot because of the absence of quality discussions. You know what? I find it as a torture to answer a topic which has no quality at all. The ones on a marathon are getting frustrated for fear that thwy arent gonna reach the goal. So, I wanted to have this Mylot Posting Challenge. Let's make Mylot a better place. For sure, this will start from us and the first step would be by posting topics that could be simple but would come out with quality. It will help mylot. It will help mylotters and it will help those new comers to start enjoying the site and stick with us in here. Let me know what you think. Sincerely Yours and Loving Mylot, HERMIE
@vijay1wdv (357)
I think you are right because i heard that, mylot was paying more in the initial stages and now it pays less. This might be due to lesser quality on posts. So, i support you. Happy mylotting.
Thank you for that support. Better mylotting!
@kitty1234 (1476)
I am with you on this one! I find it difficult to come up with discussions that will get responses, I have never been one to ask your favorite color. Because honestly do you really care what my color is? I would like to see more discussions that pertain to life and not so worried about making that penny. Any suggestions are always welcomed!
Any topic will do as long as people could express their thoughts and point of view. Questions such as "whats your favorite color" is not attractive enought to attract expression. We would just asnwer it as it asked.
@laydee (12814)
I don't think there are boring topics at all. I could much say there are a lot of redundant topics, but I could not dare say there are 'boring' topics. *LOL* Why? For one thing, being curious at how others preferences isn't for one thing boring. So as to what type of food, which preferred beverage etc. I think it's how the person would actually convey his/her idea that makes a topic boring or not. It's not easy to create discussions (because we don't really know if the people who would post would actually give one-liner comments or would makes novels about it). For one thing, why would you answer a topic which you find boring? Isn't it that in real life we don't really talk about topics or share something about a topic wherein we don't have any idea about? I think what makes MyLot 'boring' is the fast-paced rushing comments that most people do so as to beat the payment cut-off. That's what makes it sad. Regardless what topic, if the person would just express himself/herself (plus a little more knowledge about what the topic is all about) would certainly create a topic more interesting. I rarely post at discussions in myLot where I'm sure I have no idea about. I usually browse online to research about such, or even solicit ideas to my 'real' offline friends before I go back to the topic. Well, doesn't say I'm the BEST myLotter there is, but that's what I do. Plus of course, there are moments where I'm also guilty about posting one-liners. But I know I have avoided that scene from the very beginning. So my friend. I say I would make myLot a better place to stay in by avoiding topics I don't really have no passion about, not really fighting for the minimum payout, plus avoiding one-liners. And most of all, just enjoying my time with MyLot, after all this shouldn't be considered a bread-and-butter at all, it should be a venue where you just voice out your ideas and reactions plus getting a little token for the effort of typing them out. *LOL* To all myLotters, Good luck! =)
Avoid? Of course. But check out the other comments of other people, there are so many topics to avoid and it wasnt like that here before. I am not speaking of myself but for the other people who's posts are like crying out for help. I always consider mylot community as a big family where I belong. I am enjoying here but I wish others would enjoy too especially the baby mylotters. I was never selfish. I want to enjoy with all. Meaning, I want all to enjoy.
I also want to add. I dont have to complain here. I am earning well and when I post a discussion, I get numerous responses, but what about the rest.
@laydee (12814)
Well, for one thing, I never intended to start blowing up steam from the topic itself. I think the gesture is a good way to remind us all of how 'good' myLot was before. I am merely stating that though we have no control of how people do post discussions, we do have control over ourselves. Yes there are a lot of topics to avoid. So what's wrong with avoiding them or ignoring? I'm sure sooner or later these posters would stop because no one would comment if many would consider them 'boring'. But the fact is, these topics still do exist and there are people who comment on them. Which proves that the distinction of a topic as being 'boring' is not really a general perspective but a personal one. As for those people whose posts are being ignored. Well, what's the rush? Sooner or later these topics are bound to be discovered by more deep-thinkers anyways as long as they don't really violate myLot rules, don't they? I personally have topics which are ignored but I guess those topics are not really 'interesting' for most. My friend. I don't know what's getting into you but I have never intended nor have I said you were selfish. Everyone in such a community would want to have a close relationship with the members and I'm in no means finding fault in this attitude. Neither was I saying you were complaining here. Whew. The point of my post was directed to most (I myself am included ~ I'm no Saint after all) who struggle so much to get to payout that we, forget quality because of the rush to get the quantity posts we need. I agree to the fact that there are nuisance topics around, but I think it's up to MyLot's system to detect and delete them. I am only campaigning for us 'posters' who could at least give some more time posting rather than rushing to reach payout. For whatever reason that my post has caused you to blow up such assumptions, I do apologize for such wasn't my intention at all. Good luck.. God Bless. =)
@dk_y2k5 (118)
Oh well...I'm posting here after a long long time...it's been 3 weeks now since I posted last...So I'm not aware of what all was going through mylot in these everlasting 3 weeks...anyways,coming onto the topic of discussion here. I think you have made a good point herein. What everyone posts on mylot has to be sensible and at the same time qualitative. Many of them might look at the quantity of posting,without giving quality a thought. I feel such posts deserve a minus rating. What I'd like to know is how many of you give rating to each post? This is something which I'm really interested in knowing :) CHEERS!
I rate all the responses with a "plus" coz so far I hadnt seen anything that would deserve the - or !
I remember I rated one post with a - by accident. LOL. That is why I am more careful now.
@KrisNY (7592)
This is the second time I have heard this- and both times have been from my friends on my friends list. I say bravo to you guys. I have no problems finding quality discussions here on mylot. I only answer discussions from e-mail- which means friend notification from mylot. I have alot of great friends who are pretty interesting. My problem is I just don't have the time that I used to to make alot of progress here. So it's my own fault that I'm making less money- the quality discussions are still here, but the time is not.
Maybe youve got friends who are capable of creating good posts. Thanks for the response.
@pismeof (855)
What we need is some of the writers that float around Mylot to give us a brief course in how to write dialog. Topic,Sub-topic,blah,blah, blah.Do you know what I mean? A little english class tutorial to remind us old f*rts. We also need for the people that post topics not to assume that we follow their life story each day and don't start a conversation that is a continuation from a previous day or previous post. If you want to post something in addition to something that's already been introduced then begin the post with a rough outline of the previous discussion . I personally do most of my responses directly from my E-Mail and have had instances where I'd respond to the second or third posting from a given individual and feel like I've jumped into the middle of a conversation because there's no reference to a beginning.
With regards to repeating old topics, I think we could bring out topics from the same category by putting some revisions so that they would appear new although they are really old. THere are so many good writers here on mylot and I hope that they will take the initiative. Anyway, not all are topic starters. Some prefer to response rather than post new topics.
@ibsnet (1268)
Nice call friend. I too feel the same way and was bored. I am back here after a few days. Your discussions are really of good quality. I too try to start quality discussions but when I get a few response I sometime get frustrated. Anyway I am with you to help mylot to grow.
Thank you for responding to the call. Better mylotting my friend.
@stella1989 (2274)
Yes that true....many complains are coming up that mylot has become boring and really a time waste. And yes even I find it really like a torture to respond to such pointless discussiions..!! And that is why I don;t post nay discussions until and unless I find it really interesting to have a discussion on!! I prefer responding to others rather than posting some non-quality discussions. I am in love with mylot too. Don't wnat to leave it so please every body do post some QUALITY discussions over here make mylot a HAPPY PLACE and INTERESTING PLACE ...!! :)
Thank you for what you said. It was indeed challenging and it added flavor to my post. Cheers.
Thanx........!! I am trying to maintain the quality of my responses here in mylot....!!
@rouwel23 (1353)
i think I is a challenge. A challenge to all of us mylot citizens. a challenge to post quality discussions and to answer topics with quality. discussions that deserve to be answered and given time. there are lots of discussions here with simple but quality questions. discussions that allow us to think and reflect. I would accept this challenge. Ill start posting quality discussions. this should start within ourselves. A journey of a million discussions start with a quality one. this should start within us. enjoy posting and answering quality discussions.
Thank you for that. That was exactly what I am talking about. Discussions may be simple but they can have quality if they will allow us to express ourselves. Express and not just answer questions.
@rouwel23 (1353)
yup. keep it simple and short but with quality.
I love the idea..how about adding to your challenge by asking Mylotters to source out thoughtful 'thinking persons discussions' and alert each other to where they are. That way each 'thinker' could have numerous members visit the site. Also we could choose the Mylotter's Top Ten Quality Discussions...and sites...and that would maybe even encourage Mylot to pay the top quality people a little more in earnings. Sunshine cup posted ideas for a different payout system if members want to check it out. You are on to a good idea here Hermie...and it my view your site would be in the top 10 for me!
Thank you for the compliment. Your idea was also great. I hope mylot would consider that.
And about sunshinecup. I love that girl! She made a mark on me when I posted a topic about India and she defended me from some ruthless posters who did not appreciate the post.
@anonymili (3138)
Nice post pal, I only hope people take note. Haven't logged in for a few days so I'm having a good browse around to see what I missed :)
It's nice to have you back around. Thanks for the post.
@hemalover (829)
• Egypt
iam with you in that ... we had to post discouion that important to our life ... to improve our life and to have a good comunecat with other people in all the world.. iam from egypt we want to say that we need to talk to gether for our world problems.wars. food problem. weather...my problem we could solve it by talking togher..
Thank you for being understanding.
myLot_Quality Discussion Guideline - The term QUALITY discussion should be defined by mlLot.
My comment to your good and sincere idea to have quality discussion. Thank you very much, hersmart4ever. Members are pondering about the definition for myLot quality discussion. The word QUALITY?. QUALITY;- the standard of something as measured against other things of similar kind, general excellence, high social standing, a distinctive attribute or characteristic, the distinguishing. ************ Members are from different qualities in mind of their own thoughts for QUALITY discussion. As principal to this board, myLot should figure out the meaning of the QUALITY. So that members are well guided and lights up their propensity to be in the circle of myLot's QUALITY DISCUSSION. So the words at "your comment" for; "Please be as descriptive as possible.", should be; "Please refer to myLot quality discussion guideline.". ****************************************************** That is my humble idea as a laymember in/on myLot. As Usual. Michael.
Those should explain what a quality discussion is. But most members do not read the guidelines so they would come up with a quality discussion. There are more post in here at present which are not in accordance with the rules.
• Portugal
I agree with you, I haven't gone here for some time but MyLot looks a little bit boring, I hope that people like you make quality discussions =D
Lets all hope for the best.
@4mymak (1796)
i am quite new at mylot,.. and i havent started my own discussions a lot, either. i am normally afraid that people wont respond. but if i do think of something to 'discuss' - i would normally 'search' the "mylot-site", to see if someone else has written any similar piece - if there is... i just choose the one closest to what i'm thinking - and respond... i dun know how that effects 'my earnings', but i would rather be in group discussing something - rather than, be alone 'talking' to no one...
That was something right to do. Mylot really told us to check first if there are similar discussions if we have to post a new one.
@ashcbs (39)
I completely agree with you.
Thanks a lot and welcome to mylot.
@derek_a (10902)
I agree with everything you say there. I spend most of my time answering discussions these days. It's more a question of time really as I have to tend to my other work. It seem that when I am answering discussions time slips by very quickly and before I realise it, I have stop.. :-)
That was also exactly my case. Thanks for the response Derek.
@Ricko82 (585)
Thank you for starting out this discussion Herms. I hope it will give mylotters awareness about the need to post more relevant discussion from time to time so that we can have a variety to chose from. I've noticed that some of the discussions have become irrelevant as time goes by, posted just for the sake of starting a discussion. This is on eof the reasons why some more serious mylotters are leaving this site. I am not saying to post all serious topics but we need variety when it comes t discssuions. So that we'd have more choices.
Thanks for the positive response. I know that not all would support this campaign but of course being my bunso means you will be by my side. Cheers. Hehe.
@whnsuper (14)
I support you! I have see many discussions but i found some responds are not meaningful .when we discussions a topic we should share some useful information. And i will try my best to do that!
Thanks for your support. Welcome to mylot.
• New Zealand
I like that idea.I was away for some time as i was stuck with some work.I am back now and will keep participating now. Cheers
Cheers to you too. Good luck and welcome back.