Alex Jones Arrested

@worldwise1 (14887)
Alex Jones, investigator and website owner of Prison Planet.com, and Infowars.com, was arrested in New York on a charge of unlawfully using a bullhorn while a protest was being staged at the site of Ground Zero. Jones says that the charges were trumped up against him. He alleges that police were called in by Geraldo Rivera in order to stop the protest. I think his rights were violated. Since when did we lose the right of free speech?
@bgerig (1259)
we don't. there must be more to this. did he have a permit to stage a protest on private property. I believe all of ground zero is technically still private property. if he was in the street protesting, then he may have been obstructing traffic.....the officials have to control the crowds, particularly around this time. like I first wrote, there must be more to this.
@worldwise1 (14887)
He was one among many others. Maybe, bgerig, the fact that he is a high-profile investigator into the shenanigans that are constantly going on within our government is reason enough for his arrest.
@anniepa (27238)
Absolutely, his rights were violated! I heard something about this while I was half asleep either this morning or maybe yesterday...lol...maybe I'm still not wide awake, I can't remember for sure. Geraldo was talking about it and I didn't really catch too much of what he said. There was an incident some months ago where a couple was arrested in - I think - South Carolina for wearing anti-Bush t-shirts at a rally where Bush was speaking. They were detained by the police, who wouldn't tell them what they were being held for. It wasn't until hours later they were told they were charged with disturbing the peace...I think that's what it was. The ACLU sued on their behalf and they were later awarded something like $80,000. I say GOOD FOR THEM because we still do have freedom of speech and if something isn't done when people try to take it away we will lose it for good! Annie
@worldwise1 (14887)
I totally agree with you, anniepa. I also heard about that case and believe that those people's civil rights were denied. I am seeing things happen in the US that I never thought I would see. I will learn more about Alex Jones' arrest when he is next on C2C A.M.
@anniepa (27238)
I listened to C2Cam for several nights a few weeks ago when our cable was out and it's a very interesting show. If you hear anymore about this case keep me posted. I agree there have been so many things happening in this country I never dreamed I'd see! How we take our rights for granted! How did we go from that beautiful unity right after 9/11, that touching scene when the members of Congress and the Senate gathered on the steps of the Capitol spontaneously sang God Bless America...at that moment there was no partisanship, no left or right, we were on nation in a time of great pain. Seems like only moments later it became "unpatriotic" to speak out about anything, if you didn't follow a certain point of view you had no rights as an American. It's very sad and very frightening. Annie