New Hope has new puppies that need foster care...

@Feona1962 (7529)
New Hope Assistance Dogs train dogs to aid handicapped people. The pups are golden retrievers and they are adorable. They ask people to foster a pup for one year, and throughout this year you will train and get the pups socialized...Then New Hope takes the dogs back at one year and continues further training as assistance dogs for people with disabilities..This is an awesome program that happens right here in my town. I fostered one of the pups for a couple months and then my husband got sick and I had to give her back...I cried so hard..This was about 5 years ago...I want to do it again but with my health right now I can't. I am so sad that I can't but there are lots of loving foster homes out there and they will find them...There are seven females and four males. Their names are..Itty-Bitty, Iron, Issac, Ivory, Iris, Isabel, Italy, Inca, Icie, Ivan and Ilya...They are five weeks now and will go to foster homes at approximately seven or eight weeks old..the mom of the pups is Reba and this is her first litter... Do you have programs like this in your town? Amy Bennett founded New Hope here in Youngsville, Pennsylvania. The website is www.newhopedogs@westpa.net
@Calais (10905)
I have done this myself, as well as train pups , I have trained pups for 'Pets as Therapy' Program, which is for companionship for people with disabilities and I have also trained dogs for the blind..It was soooo rewarding and sad at the same time...
@Feona1962 (7529)
That is so cool. I want to foster one of these but right now isn't the best time since I am not feeling well. Maybe the next litter next year...
Hello Feona! I envy you as you will be able to foster a puppy even for several months only and you will be able to share or give help to others at the same time. We don't have that kind of program in our country. If only we have that kind of program I will definitely participate. It's a great feeling and fulfillment that you will be able to help others who are in need through the help of the puppy you raised.
@Lakota12 (42794)
I dont think we have one here but it is a very nice program I have seen this on TV before and I thought it was great! only thing I would get to attached to the dog and wouldnt want to give it back
@gr8life (6253)
Hello Feona1962, It is a good program especially for the disabled people. This is also the first time for me to hear such a program. I don't think that we have any similar programs here.