The Star by your name

What does the star by your name mean. It comes in various colors and has a number sinside of it. I haven't got one yet but I was wondering what it stands for and when it changes color or thde number inside changes. Does anyone out there know a bit more information on this star please? Thank you Denise
@theprogamer (10539)
The star is quality rating, but that is determined by other mylot members rating you (or the few that even bother to). Posting better discussions and responses generally gets you a higher star. If you want an abnormal case, you are looking at it.
You can'tbe more abnormal than myself. I am unlike no other good in one way not so good in another Denise
@butterfly39 (3907)
If your response was marked best response then you can get a star...
No best response doesn't have anything to do with stars.
I love the way the two of you are debating about the stars but neither of you has actually explained what the star is for. Do you know? Thanks Denise
I thought I had with the explanation of 10 being the highest and 1 being the lowest. It means nothing, just kind of your star reputation. Like I mentioned above, it's in the FAQs I believe. It doesn't increase money or points or anything. It's just what people rate you.
You get your first star when you have 100 posts. You are almost there. The color just coincides with the number, so the color means nothing. The lowest number is 1, and the highest is 10. The higher your star rating, the better other mylotters have rated you. I suggest you check the FAQs and guidelines at the bottom of the page, just in case I missed a detail. It's handy info anyway. : )
Where do we get to rate members I have never heard of this before. There is always something new coming up in Mylot. Thanks Denise
It's easy to miss. You see by our responses a + or a -? The plus is for a good rating, the minus for a bad, and the third option is to report offensive material.