Have you ever dated a tight wad man, who didn't want to spend money on dates?

Just awhile ago, I was reading a really funny article about tight wad men and their cheap dating ways. And, one woman was talking about how she had gone on a date with a man that promised her dinner and a concert. Turns out the dinner was a free promotional dinner that you receive for listening to a business opportunity. And, the concert consisted of standing in the hedges at the edge of an amphitheater. I'm thinking that's the last time she ever went on a date with that man. But, I suppose there are super cheap good dates, like hanging out on the beach and watching the sunset. That doesn't cost anything, assuming you live near the beach. And, it's very romantic. Or, strolling down the boardwalk, hand in hand with the other person. Attending flower festivals yearly are fun and romantic. Those cheap dates are nice and fun. Nothing tightwad about them, even though they don't cost a lot of money. So, what's the cheapest bad date that you've ever been on? Did you date your tightwad honey again, after the super cheap bad date? What's the cheapest good date that you've ever been on? And, by cheap good dates, I mean dates that didn't cost a lot of money, but were still enjoyable?
@theprogamer (10539)
Well from my experience and the experience of male family and friends, this cheap dating is sometimes done to test for gold diggers. Some of us did get some including yours truly, but I got it by doing "traditional" dating conduct -_-. (and yes that was barrel of ebola monkies fun X_X). I mean I'm willing to be nice and pay for stuff, but I'm not anyones walking wallet. Period. Plus, a few in my cabal did want the woman to pay for at least a date here and there or at least to split some of the cost (especially after getting reamed after x months/years of dating, holidays, pseudo holidays, costly favors, etc). *Waits for booing to die down* Sad part is the cheapest date I had was one of the best dates me and my childhood sweetheart were on. I packed a small picnic and took her to my valley I frequent whenever I just want to look at the rolling green hills and horizon (with moderate but conspicuous parental supervision). It was a bright moon out, gentle breeze and a clear sky. We just had fun talking with one another and holding each other here and there. Oh and for comparison, much later, more recent times I suggested this to one of the harpies I "dated" and she laughed, thought I was joking. Sick waste of oxygen. Usually the more "grown up" dates and relationships have been the most expensive (in dates, gifts, and such). And they've also been the most damaging and least fulfilling. Conversely, I have no gifts, memoirs or paid for dates from them to really show for it, NOTHING! What does that say!? *Waits for more booing to die down* And then again I'll come up to the self rebuttal. There are some guys who are cheap just to be cheap. I believe in spending money, efforts and attention on a woman (its too bad the women I've done this on were vultures). Yes, women should watch out for guys like this, but I shared that some do this as a test. Despite it all though, when it comes to my rant, maybe I've got it rear backwards. Maybe guys are supposed to spend themselves financially, emotionally and physically into oblivion all on the very slim chance she'll stay with you (which she wont unless she's a miner). Inversely, the other side can just enjoy the ride and the stuff (most of which isn't even kept, from my experience and from the recounts of close male friends). So fine, it can stay like this. Just don't expect me to be a part of this bondage. Don't like my opinion, thats you. But I'm the one who experienced it and I'm the one seeing it this way. Nothing you say or do can change what's already occurred. Okay I'll quit, I can almost feel the macabre mode rising. Everyone have a good night. Good luck with your dating.
@theprogamer (10539)
Gee I didn't think it'd be a thread killer.
@KrisNY (7591)
Tightwads- OMG…. My sig. other is very tight with his money- but you know what when we really want something- he has the money- He didn’t win me over this way though- He charmed me with nice dates- and nice things… then when we moved in together and bought a house- he showed me what a tightwad he is- It’s something I love about him though- You are right – there are many things you can do that don’t cost a lot of money- My favorites- are going to the state parks for walks- looking at the flowers- trees- wildlife- it’s just relaxing and fun. Also the flower shows- too. Lilac festival is one of my favorites- We walk hand and hand- just nice and romantic. Of course we do the weekend get–aways also—but not as often. I would not trade my tight wad for the world!
No, not in that sense. I was dating someone who didn't have any money and we would enjoy our dates in a "cheap" way. But I mean if I ever dated someone who would take me to a promotional dinner, heck no, there would never be a second date. It's more like taking an avantage about the promotions and I would feel like he would like to find a buddy to try out different promotion stuff instead of going on a date. I don't like extravagant dates (just too unreal for me) neither. When I date, I would really see if he has thought about the whole thing and make it nice.
@carlaabt (3505)
I went out on a few dates with this guy that never wanted to pay for anything. The first time we went out, I paid because he said he forgot his wallet. He actually paid the next time, but then the two times after that, he had some excuse for why he couldn't pay. One time it was because he hadn't got paid, and I don't remember what the other excuse was. Anyway, I decided I didn't want to date him anymore after just those dates, not because I was paying for everything, but because he always had some stupid excuses for everything, not just the money thing. Now my husband and I have our "date nights" that consist of eating at home and watching movies. It's cheap, and it's fun. We usually watch movies we already have, and I usually just cook at home, too. It gives us some time alone, without having to worry about a babysitter, etc.
Well the guy I'm dating right now doesn't have alot of money but we always think of things to do that don't cost really anything.I have gone out with a couple of them that should gone out at all with me.Including my ex-boyfriend.
@fritz27 (1137)
Oh My God..................I think I was married to that womans date!!! My first husband was the tightest. We use to say that when we heard the birds " cheep cheep ", they were talking about him. We once were going to a wedding. I needed new shoes. We bought the new shoes, but I had to take them off at the wedding so the bottoms didn't get scuffed...............they were being returned the next day. AND they were. So, the cheapest bad date I've ever been on was a 6 year marriage.
@peanutjar (5211)
I dated a guy whos father owned a car dealership and he worked there.He was the cheapest guy i have ever known.He couldnt even pay for a pop for me.Never paid for anything!!We went away for the weekend one time and stayed in a hotel room.I ended up paying the 2 nights and the stupid peanuts he ate from the little snack bar.I thought he would help with the hotel bill,nope,never even acknowledged it.Even the stupid peanuts,$4 something for a little bag of peanuts.What a scrooge.We kind of dumped each other after.Then i found my miracle man who im with now.Hes the total opposite,has to pay for everything.He thinks its his role as a man to be able to support a family and paying it himself.Hes a good tipper too!:)
Well, my fiance has always been rather poor and we met when we were still teenagers. Our "dates" were never anything mor ethan him tagging along on weekend outings with my family and I and usually my mother paid, which was routine whenever any of my friend came out with us. He's only ever taken me out for dinner twice in the almost-4 years we've been together. Once was about 5 months ago and the second was about 2-3 months ago.