Has anyone seen the movie "Fargo"?

This is a film from 1996 about a car salesman who comes up with a kidnapping scheme of his wife to get money to cover what he has been scamming from his father in laws car lot where he works. I like this movie! I just dont think it was supposed to be as humorous as I found it to be. I laughed pretty much all the way through it! Maybe I missed the bigger picture here. Its listed under crime, drama, and thriller. Which it is a crime to plot a kidnapping, and its pretty dramatic but in a funny way, I saw nothing thriller about this movie, well maybe near the end, but I wont give it away. I sure hate when people do that! lol So how many of you have seen this and laughed your behinds off? Anyone?? xx
@jillhill (37354)
I have seen it tons of times! It's supposed to be a comedy.. a farce so you didn't miss the bigger picture! You hit it right on the nose!
Hiya JillHill! Well you know I saw this movie without knowing anything about it, just kind of came on cable one night and it looked interesting so I continued to watch. I had seen it tons of times before me and my husband met, and then we had the opportunity to see it on tv one night. I just couldnt tell by watching wether it was supposed to be funny or if it was supposed to be serious. When looking the movie up, it listed it under Drama/Thriller. Nothing about comedy, but I laughed at many scenes and situations in the film. I enjoyed it! And will watch it if its on tv, even though I have seen it before. LOL Thanks for replying! xx
@reinydawn (11651)
Nope, never saw it. I think I've heard of it though. I'm just glad this was a short discussion so I didn't have to hit as many plusses... I even read some of the other peoples responses this time!!! I think I'll put it on my list at blockbuster and when I see it I'll let you know how I like it :) I think I can plus a couple more then I'm outta here :)
Thanks Dawn. You REALLY didnt have to go through each comment too! Sweet of you though! xx Yes if you can get it, Im sure someone will have a copy of it. Its a pretty funny film, sort of how funny my avatar is! ;o)
@reinydawn (11651)
I'm about done for the night, but I hope I helped ya out a bit!!! I already added the movie to my Blockbuster list - I'll probably watch it around Christmas because I just put a ton of movies on the list. Maybe I'll scootch it up a bit so I can see it quicker... Have to see what else I'm waiting on. OH!! I can scootch it before one that my husband wants to watch, yeah, that'll work!!! G'nite!
HI Dawn, Sorry I took so long to get around here. I hate that they dont email alert you when comments are left on comments, seems they only email you when the first comment is posted. My apologies. I think all your plussing efforst paid off, Im up a star! THANK YOU!!!! Your a doll. xx
@kiobug (2250)
Actually where I live its considered a comedy. A foreign comedy. : )
LOL Really? How that, I guess I dont get it. LOL
@kiobug (2250)
Im ninety nine percent sure its in the comedy section at the movie rental place.
@suspenseful (40326)
I saw the movie, and it was funny in spite of the plot. It is listed up here as a comedy, (shows you the Canadians have a strange sense of what is funny.) It was the characters and the situations they got themselves into and how one thing led to another that made it humorous. It also showed you how stupid crooks really are and that crimes is best left to the professionals not the amateurs. I heard it was based on a true story.
Hi Suspenseful, Yes I heard it was based on a true story too. How could anyone make that stuff up?! LOL Your right, it was the series of events and the charcters that made this a really funny film. I will watch it anytime it's on TV or a pay channel. It was on again just last month, but I only caught the last hour of it. Still watched. LOL Bay xx
@wiccania (3362)
I think that it was meant to be that funny. I really loved the movie, I laughed my butt off through the whole film. And I'll never look at a wood chipper the same way again.
LOL!! No doubt Wiccania! I think I laughed the hardest when she wrapped herself up in the shower curtain and went screaming from the room. The look on the guys face was just priceless!! I guess I shouldnt be so worried about how twisted my mind is, I can only imagine how twisted the individuals mind is that wrote this! Thanks for your comment. Happy myLotting!! xx
@gapeach65 (805)
I had to laugh when I first saw this discussion. When my husband and I first started dating, this happened to be one of the first movies we saw together. It was on cable, and he had a friend who wanted him to record it for her, so we watched it as it was recording. Sometimes we say the word "Fargo" from time to time with a Canadian accent because it's fun to say. We did laugh at some of this but some of it wasn't funny at all, like you I don't want to give any of it away.I do have to add that I don't really know that I liked this movie though, it was a little dry at times and I didn't like that one scene with the two guys...I can't say any more, I don't want to spoil it.
Hey Gapeach! lol Right I didnt think about it if no one has seen it, maybe I should have added to my Title "dont read if not seen yet" lol I thought the end was pretty gruesome though, just the idea of what they did at the cabin they were hiding out at. LOL They said "Yeah Yeah" a lot and so sometimes me and my husband will say that when answering one another and then laugh! I guess I sort of like dry comedy, or should I say that I "get it". I thought it was very amusing and so did my husband. Thanks for your response! xx
@Bionicman (3967)
• Czech Republic
I heard it's a great movie but I haven't seen it yet. I'll download it:)
Hey Bionicman....well when you do and have an opinion on it, please stop back by and tell me what you thought. I would really like to be reassured that Im not just a troubled mind finding things funny that are not supposed to be! lol Enjoy! xx