Power of 10 and the Question that bothered me......what about you??

hello my dear friends..i was watching Power of 10 and as we all know its my new favorite show..i love these things and cant wait for deal to be back...anywho there was this questions asked..and i just dont know what to say.except oen thing first..THIS IS NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE..i am not racist..prejudice..nothing..so with that in mind..The question was...HOW MANY AMERICANS SAY..they would live in a city if they were the only one there color..and the rest of the town were a different color..for me..I would have no problem with it..but theer is soo much violance on tv and in the news on racist attacks.and ll..and the answers was that 78% i believe..it was wayy up there said they would too..as much as i find this awesome!!! i think its a bold face lie and peope just didnt want tohave that statistic upo for real..so tell me..Would you live soemwhere that you were the only person of your race in your town??NO ONE will be judged..and if anyone goes off on anyone i will report them..i know theer wuill be different answers..so plzzz keep them respectful..i just want to find if the answer on teh show was true..thanx everyone!!
@Thoroughrob (11771)
No, I would not. I live in a town that only has a few of another race. They are treated differently and given a hard time by a few people and I would not want to be put in that situation. People can be mean and have their opinions and sometimes do stupid things because of them. I would be out of my safe zone.
I agree with you Thoroughrob. I'm not a racist person and get along with most people (no matter their skin tone) but I would not want to be put in that situation. Maybe after a long while it might not be bad - acceptance, ect but especially at first it would be just like he said - most likely. I think that that show was right on it's mark on the percentage.
@tanjam420 (228)
i also want to say that i am not raciest at all, but i think that if i did not have kids yes i probably would i wouldnt see a problem with it.. but because i have kids no i wouldnt, i would not want to put them in a situation that may hurt them because of them being a different color.. i know that may sound wrong but you here too much about the racial violence on the news any more and i wouldnt want my kids to be subjected to that.. not saying that it would happen but i would not want to take the chance... but like i said if i didnt have kids than yes i would. because when it comes to yourself it is one thing but when you have to protect your kids it is a total different thing.. sorry if i offended anyone by my response...
@worldwise1 (14890)
I also watched that show, cloud, and I agree that many of those people had to be flat out lying. I think most people would feel like a fish out of water were they the only one of their race living in any neighborhood. My friend(who is black) will not live in a black neighborhood because she says she is afraid of crime. She chooses to live in predominantly white areas, yet she constantly refers to her neighbors as "The Klan." Go figure. I have explained to her that it's not all about where you live, but how you live. Sure, there are some areas that I would be afraid to live in, but I do want to be able to look out and see someone who looks something like me occasionally, LOL.
@KrisNY (7609)
I saw that show also. I was impressed with the high number and thought the same thing- Oh come on—Moving into a predominantly non-white neighborhood. I would not do it- I’m not racist in any shape of form- but I wouldn’t do it. I would have no problem moving into the neighborhood if there were several races there- that would not bother me at all. But to be the only White family- I don’t think I’d feel comfortable