For you, what is an ideal husband/wife

We do have our own standards and if you will ask me, I think the ideal husband is someone who is responsible and could love his wife as much as he loves himself. I know this are general standards and so many other traits could be bulleted below them but I want to hear from you first and I will just add more as I respond to your comments. Timer starts now...
The ideal husband is handsome, responsible, smart, humorous, healthy, considerate, wealth, careful, faithful, honest etc. But how can find such a perfect one?:)
They can be found in dreams. LOL. But who knows, he may just be around.
@theprogamer (10539)
Well Youless, you can always hope scientists tweak out eugenics for humans. (Kidding of course! ;p) But good luck finding the perfect one, I've seen more impossible things come true, so it may not be that much of a stretch.
@theprogamer I agree.
i believe that the ideal husband is one who is caring and honest and treasures his family like no one else. one who will actually listen to a conversation that you have started and make intelligent remarks. one who will also do the housework without having been asked to. a husband who knows everything about you; the things that make you mad or sad and the things that make you happy. a person who will protect the things he holds dear to him. however, not everybody gets all these qualities in their significant other, and if they do more power to them.
That was a perfect husband. I wonder if a husband such as that exists. LOL. Just kidding.
@theprogamer (10539)
Heh, one never knows. But if read a certain way, it almost reads like a Christmas list.
I too would also love a good listener. An active listener is even better.
@brijlesh (273)
Ya, for me My wife is really an ideal wife, because she cares me. She understand me and my feelings and also she love very much. and Also she suggest me if i do anything wrong. thanks
You are truly very lucky. A wife like her worths more than precious stones.
@ElicBxn (60895)
I tell people that I want a husband that can support me in the style my MOTHER was accustomed. but the fact is that I want a man who doesn't need his plate fixed, will get up and help & not complain all the time. Like my father, I might add. I get around the roomie's dad & I just want to DECK him! He sits there & expects things to be brought to him - I'm sorry, I'm not his slave, he can get his lazy butt out of the couch & do it himself. I remember once when the roomie & her mom were finishing up fixing a meal & I was just staying out of the way. He comes, sits at the table & his plate is put infront of him. He starts demanded a fork. I looked right at him & asked "Is your arm broke?" I mean, the forks were 2 steps away & in a drawer, what was WRONG with the man? "No," he said, and shut up.
I also dont like a man who expects all things to be brought to him. I may do it heartily but it should not be an obligation.
For me my ideal husband would be, someone who loves me and my family. Who will provides for his family and be my bestfriend at the same time. He will make a way to give me a bright future as well as our future child. Who will be with me until i have only tooth remains. Who will grew old with me. Like the song of Adam Sandler on the movie Wedding Singer.
I also always admire men with ambition for the family. Of course it would be better if he is my best friend.
@subathra (3519)
For me, an ideal husband/wife is one who loves, cares and have responsibilities of family affairs.They should be much devoted to their children in all aspect and respect family members from both sides. They should have mutual understanding and trust between them.offcourse there need some space between them for the relationship to go in a smooth way.Both should not have a dominating character and adjust with each other.
Very well said subathra. Thanks.
@williamjisir (22903)
An ideal wife to me is someone who is responsible for the family and takes good care of her hubby and children with a loving heart. She is someone who is somewhat talented in some field, with a desire to learn new things in life. She is someone who can respect the senior and loves the young. She is someone who is good at cooking as well. For sure it is the same with an ideal husband...There is nothing absolute though. We cannot expect someone perfect because it is human.
THat was indeed an ideal wife. Thanks.
Hi Hersmart4ever, Lovable,caring & intelligence are common things which every girl wants to be in her would be husband.Despite of these things,understanding & faith is very important in this relationship.A person with whom you never felt bore. & felt like all happiness of the world are with you.You should be the most beautiful woman in your Hubby's eyes.
I like those traits too. I like a smart man very much. Not those type who would tell you this is right and you are wrong, etc. But someone who's got plenty of info to share.
@vinzen (1022)
Hi, i think an ideal partner would to simply state be the one who would understand you and simply love you for and what you are completely and that would include so many things there after. The one who loves you unconditonally, someone whom at times you dont have to say anything and yet they would understand everything, with whom you would share that oneness, who would always be ready to put you ahead of themselves, who would do anything fo you, would help you in all your work, be beside you through your joys and sorrows, share your life with you, in its true essence. Someone who would tell you your flaws, but in a loving way, who would help you change and become better, who would help you raise the kids, help around in the kitchen or help take up a job outside. Someone who would guard, protect, give you ample security at all times. And simply love you for and as who you are without expecting anything in return, though with such a loving, ideal partner, it would be tough not to give them all the love we have in return too! And i feel blessed as i think i have such a kind of a partner and i would not have asked for more :)
I also like that. I want him to have an unconditional love and also I hope he would accept and love me for what I am.
@miryam (6507)
I dont know.I'm devorced now I'm a boyfriend that's ok, but I'm AFRAAID to live toghether..........I prefer live alone.......marriage not are for me..........MYRY
Haha good luck to you myry. Whether you marry or not, I hope you'll stay happy.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I could describe the perfect husband for me in just one name, Michael Landon's character on "Little House On The Prairie." I know that he is/was a lot of women's dream husband, but this is the kind of man that I really want to spend my life with. A hard working Christian father. A devoted loving husband. A defender of all that is right and a challenger who stood against wrong. An excellent provider. He was just all of that.
I hope a husband like that is not only in the movies.
@theprogamer (10539)
*Shrugs* Its possible, there are plenty of people out there. There are several guys who really step up and do what they can, but they never get recognized for it, or their efforts are seriously downplayed.
@theprogamer that is true.
@wonderful1 (2076)
for me, an ideal husband must do in 3 following ways 1, when his wife has a quarrel with his parents, then he must be fair to anyone. if his wife is wrong, then he must let his wife say sorry to his parents, then if your parents are wrong, then say sorry to his wife. 2, he must understand his wife, and believe her. don't quarrel with her about little things. 3, respect his own parents and respect inlaws, too.
I believe in that. Thanks.
• Vietnam
In my opinion,an ideal husband is a person who is toughened enough for his wife and children believe to rely on.I always find him as my boyfriend and my husband in the future as well.
@havy9z thats a must in every male.
An ideal husband should be on top of everything. He should be responsible to give the best for his family . He should be loving, caring, honest and God fearing individual. He should also provide the needs of his family.
You spoke of characteristics that are truly ideal. Thank you
@ssf12ster (489)
i think there a lot of issue shere for an ideal spouse.i think we always talk to each other to avoid marital problems if any.that is the first and foremost thing.always keep her in good humor and always talk positively.rudeness should be avoided.i think we need to be a rolemodel and take care of all types of family problems that arise.then yur spouse or /hubby will acknowledge you in the right way.
Communication really makes a relationship ideal.Thanks for sharing.
@eliezl (766)
when young, people oftentimes say and dream about their mr. and miss right. when in truth there is no such thing as both. although its easy for us to dream of a loving, understanding, honest, good looking, loyal, hardworking, thoughtful, romantic, sweet husband...the list of qualities could go on forever and ever..lol... anyway, going back its nice to have all those qualities of our dream guy or even dream girl but what really matters is how each person's difference work out for the best of a relationship.both person has to be flexible and understanding enough in order to cope up with their differences. and they shouldnt try to change each other's flaws rather accept them and be able to deal with them.... i guess this is what most people in a relationship is lacking about.... still.. everyone girls or guys can't help but dream on their ideal girl and guy hehehehehehe
Standards anyway are just checklists. Sometimes we fall in love withe most unideal man.
I agree with what you have said.For me,besides he loves me as much as I love him,he has to be responsible,generous,have a good sense of humor and try hie best to take care our family.Maybe I am too greedy but I do think it is important for a qualified husband.What do you think?
No I dont think that was being greedy. That was just being wise.
For me, an ideal wife is someone who can understand me and support or critisize whenever require. She should feel more comfortable with me in terms of everything. She needs not be very smart or good looking, but she should have good heart.
That is sweet and at the same time challenging. A love that allows growth.
A husband/wife no must handsome but him/her must have responsible love wife/huaband and chirdens ,love family,him/her must be filial pitey.
It is true. Love should be number one.
@Ravenladyj (22937)
my ideal mate is someone I have similar interests to but we have our own thing as well...someone with a great sense of humour who can appreciate my sometimes dry and morbid on....a person who loves kids, realizes I have issues and is willing to work with and around them with me..someone who isnt afraid of their emotions, one who doesnt lie to me (i have zero tolerance for that), someone who respects not only me but also my children and how they have been and are raised (which to many is totally unconventional).....NOT a workaholic (that gets SO OLD so fast)..theres more but thtas all I can thnk of right now...
I have a feeling the whole page would not be enough to describe your deal man. LOL. You've mentioned about "sense of humor"...I like this too in a man. Someone who can make me laugh in a smart way.
@karthima (112)
Ideal husbands are those who realise the feelings, needs, pains, happiness, expectations , aims ,etc,. and try to do them. husband is fully responsible for wife's health, education, career, etc,. When there is full love and respect for wife from a husband and he is the best well wisher for her. Surely he si the best husband. A ideal has does the role of a father, mother, friebd, ets,. of all. HUsband fails his duty only when slows down his interest towards us.
I also like that. Someone who can be sensitive to my feelings.