your reaction...

How would you REACT to these, should they happen to you? (surprised / scared / no emotion / thrilled / happy / confused / afraid / relieved / etc...) # 1 -you won a lottery but your winning money only covers your debts 90% # 2 -you keep dreaming of the person who you hate the most. # 3 -your article is published in the local newspaper. # 4 -your artwork has been selected and on display for a month in the art gallery. # 5 - when you first received your paycheck on your real job. ************************** "We never do anything well till we cease to think about the manner of doing it." ...William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830) ... (British essayist and critic.)
@lexus54 (3576)
Interesting situations! Here's how I'd feel: #1 - I'd jump for joy in winning a lottery. At the same time, I'd feel relieved, because if the winnings only cover 90%, then my debt would have been quite significant to start with, so to be able to clear most of it is a big relief. #2 - I'd feel disturbed if that person I hated keeps flashing in my mind even when I sleep. I think I will make peace with the person, so as not to dream anymore. #3 - I'd be proud of my achievement, assuming the article was well written. #4 - I'd feel a sense of achievement that I have arrived as an artist. I'll make my presence felt at the gallery to introduce my artwork to those who come by to view the displays. #5 - Thrilled is the feeling I'd have. I'll make sure I give myself and my family a treat to celebrate the occasion.
1- relief is a good feeling. that's a true story happened to many people 2-very interesting from you. i like that one. 3- proud and happy - me too 4- and you're very friendly to your fans 5- and very generous. thanks lexus54! you're a nice person!
@lexus54 (3576)
Thank you. You're a nice person too! :)
@secretbear (19464)
1. happy - at least 90% of it will get paid off. 10% wouldnt be so hard to raise. ^__^ 2. confused and annoyed - i think i'll just have to forget that person so i wont dream of him/her. 3. happy!!!!!!! - it would mean so much to me since im a frustrated writer. 4. very happy and wondering. - im not an artist anyway. LOL 5. very happy. at last, the product of my blood, sweat and tears. ^__^
@Celanith (2334)
1 -I would be glad that 90% of my debts were able to be paid. Would make paying the 10% off easier and quicker. # 2 -I would Pray to God about the situation and try and resolve any hatred I have toward them. # 3 -Who wouldn't be happy about that # 4 -Ditto to # 3. # 5 -I would be very surprised to receive a pay check for my job which is Homemaker. Though I feel all homemakers deserve an income.
1- good thinking!!! 2- noble heart! 3- that's true! 4- he he he..ditto.. 5- all your hubby's income is also yours (I believe so) plus his LOVE, KISSES, HUGS & RESPECT as an appreciation for taking care of HOME. thank you!
1. If I won in the lottery but the money will only cover 90% of my debt I will still be greatful as I only need to worry for the 10%. That's still be big help. 2. This is another story, I will keep on dreaming the person I hate most that's what I called nightmare he he he. What will I do is to think of something funny or nice before I sleep to help me get rid of that nightmare or I will just watch TV the whole night so I'm not going to have a bad dream ^___^ 3. I my article will be published in the local newspaper I will excited, happy and proud. Only few article are chosen to part of local newspaper if mine was chosen that only mean that it's indeed a great article. wink wink 4. If my artwork will be displayed in an art gallery for a month that's also exciting. I will be proud seeing my work everytime I'll go in that gallery. 5. Receiving my first pay check will also make me happy and proud as I was able to do good in my job that's why I was given payment.
1- I'm glad you think that way. 2- does it work? i'm just wondering.. 3- congratulations. you must be very excited reading your own article in the newspaper.. 4- that's right. have you had any works displayed? 5- that's right too. we deserve the paycheck for the good work done. thanks.
@cefaz_21 (2597)
# 1 -you won a lottery but your winning money only covers your debts 90% Relieved-well,it's 90%..and that's a big help still. # 2 -you keep dreaming of the person who you hate the most. annoyed - hmp..there are lots of people in the world..why he/she? orit can be Thinking- (is that a reaction?) maybe there is a reason why I always see her in my dreams. # 3 -your article is published in the local newspaper. HAPPY-I'll be very proud..hehe! I'll ask all my neighboors to buy that nenwspaper. # 4 -your artwork has been selected and on display for a month in the art gallery. same as above-but I'll ask all my friends not only neighboors to go and see it for thierselves. # 5 - when you first received your paycheck on your real job. THRILLED - here's something I worked hard for..finally.
hi cefaz! 1-good that you're relieved. some people thinks it's not enough. 2-just forget her and forgive her... 3-he he he...you're thrilled i guess. 4-they surely will come including ME! 5-nice heart! first memory on paycheck last forever. thanks cefaz! you're the 'bestest!'
@hailie17 (448)
This is a great idea for a discussion, by the way! 1-I would relieved that the majority of my debts were out of the way. 2-I'd probably be annoyed every time i woke up! 3-I'd be over the moon, it's my ambition to get something published! 4-I'd be very proud and happy. 5-I'd be excired about shopping and proud of myself
thanks hailie17. annoyed and not angry, huh? hope you never had that dream.:) maybe you should try sending some article and who knows it'll come out - by then, you'll know the pure feeling.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi singlepixel! #1, I will be somehow relieved at least I will just be worrying the ten percent remaining. #2, I will be annoyed. #3, I will be happy and thrilled. #4, Gosh that is exciting and I will be thrilled, like I am walking in cloud nine. #5, I was happy then because money makes me happy. haha.. Take care and have a nice day.
ha ha ha...you're very simple and natural. you really enjoy life no matter how they're around you... well faith, loving money for its usefulness is not wrong. loving a monkey for no reason is crazy...lol...kidding! cheers!
Hi Steve, I dunno from your you collect these ‘collectors’ items of discussions’ but here goes my input: 1. Winning a lottery is a thrill in itself and I wouldn’t mind how much I win, I would still be happy. (I haven’t won anything ever) 2. If I dream continuously about the person I hate most, I think that would make me all the more angry coz you see hatred is itself an illogical and negative emotion. So once you are in its grip, it feeds on itself and expands and expands till a time comes when you start hating a person simply for appearing in your dream. You forget that the dream is a manifestation of your own sub-conscious and instead blame that person for appearing in your dream and spoiling your sleep. 3. I would be thrilled in both cases (publishing my article or exhibition on my paintings) but while the former would be pure thrill, the later would be tinged with nervousness as people would actually be there to comment on my efforts. 4. I don’t actually remember my first paycheck, it was so long back but in all probability (knowing me) I must have blown it up on food LOL! Sudipta
..lol... more angry for keep appearing in your dreams..? hope they've never happened to you....lol.. well, like you said it's pure thrill to read your own article in the newspaper. i agree. there are people who gave they first paycheck to their parents as a sign of appreciation. i just wonder who in mylot could that be..:)
@carol_m (709)
let me see... #1 - i would be relieved and happy..at least i only have to think of the 10% of my debt #2 - I would be confused and afraid hehehe... #3 - of course I would be happy #4 - happy, thrilled, etc...all the positive responses/emotions #5 - thrilled, excited
..lol...well at least you still can make a good judgment based on what you say about that 10%....and you are thrilled most of the times for the rest of the 3...thank you!