eighties movie romance - songs

By Amy
Abernathy, Texas
What song do you imagine in an 'romantic stand' someone singing at the top of their lungs or playing on their boombox - or better yet writing for you? One of mine - I have many is Spin Doctors, Two Princes and another is goo goo doll's Iris. This last if from the beautiful movie City oF Angles with Nicholas Cage. I have it on my myspace page. What's yours?
Oh wow, this is really weird. This exact same question got posted on MoraChat yesterday, by someone who I don't think is you... since his profile there says he's a guy in India... I'll let the MoraChat folks know, because it is literally, word for word, this identical post. At any rate, I'll give you the same answer I gave him (though I won't copy and paste): I automatically think of "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel in response to this question, because of the boom box bit. (I love "Say Anything"!) I also really like "If You Leave" by O.M.D. Not sure if that was in a movie or not, but it's a great song!
• Abernathy, Texas
Oh wow those are great too - can you give a link? Even for silly posts like this I wouldn't want any one stealing my words.
• Abernathy, Texas
I saw it - he stole it exactly - even the last sentence that its on my myspace page. What scum.
• Abernathy, Texas
Be careful - I copied and pasted some of his others at random - and all belong to other people/sources
@pyewacket (44036)
Oh I LOVE those songs from the City of Angels!! I was crying at the end of that movie like you can't believe and no doubt because of those end songs....I think another one I love is Everything I Do, I Do It for You by Bryan Adams that was in that Robin Hood movie...
• Abernathy, Texas
OOh yeah I love that one too - I adore Bryan Adams. I also love have you every really loved a woman - and I wanna be your underwear - all of his songs!
• Abernathy, Texas
Wow no one answered to this one - I guess maybe I'm the only one who thinks like this! :(
• Abernathy, Texas
I love crying for movies, I love when movies really excercise and bring out my emotions.
@busta1 (1029)
i am not sure what song frm the 80's i like. to trll u the truth i dnt listen to the 80's music
• Abernathy, Texas
Not sure what you were answering. The question was what song is your favourite from the eightees as a 'romantic stand' song. Not whether you listen to eighties music or what song you like. Good luck!