A got a raise but I'm making less money!

@maybebaby (1231)
So I got a raise at work but at the same time they've cut back our hours. So basically I'm going to be making less money than I did last year. It's only $19 less a month but still. If I hadn't gotten a raise I would be losing $150 a month because of the hours being cut back so I guess it could have been worse. Still its very frustrating. what do you think? Has anyone else had an experience like this?
Well that really does stink, but I do have to say it is better to lose 19 a month rather than 150 right. I am not sure i would get too excited at least not yet. 19 dollars really isnt alot, but if they continue to cut your hours, i would consider a new job
@maybebaby (1231)
I don't think hours will be cut back again and it is only $19. It just sucks because I was excited about the raise until I actually sat down and figured out the difference. I kind of thought it would even out and then it came up short. Basically it was just such a huge let down. I'm not going to leave the job though.
Wow, that's terrible. What's the point in getting a raise if you're going to be working less and making less money? That seems kind of pointless to me. Is this supposed to last for awhile, or is it just sort of a temporary thing until issues are resolved? If so, maybe it would be worth sticking around until things get settled.
@maybebaby (1231)
Well I work for the school board so things usually don't change for the better. I have great benefits and you can't beat the holidays so it would be very hard to leave. The situation really sucks, but it would have been worse had I not gotten the raise. When I saw I got one I was excited too, then I figured out what I would be making now and it was such a let down. Thanks for the response and sympathy.
@k1tten (2321)
Go figure the government/job would try that. Usually how it happens. It's good though that you got the raise when you did.