Different kinds of salats.

@laurika (4537)
I love to eat salat, but I always make the same kind.I would be glad if some of you have some good receipts for veggies salat ,also if you got some good homemade dressing I would appreciate it.
@drannhh (14999)
I put lots of different things in my salads. The last one had sliced sugar peas and did that ever taste good! I always put 2 or 3 different kinds of cubed cheese as well as grated romano, black olives, celery, cucumber, green peppers, tomato, a hard boiled egg, turkey, and onion, of course. Usually the lettuce is hearts of romaine, but with some other greens, too, such as spinach, finely grated cabbage, and chopped cilanto. I season it with black pepper and oregano and the dressing is usually blue cheese. I buy a jar of good quality refrigerated blue cheese dressing, but then I add lots of extra crumbled blue cheese and lots of black pepper. We also put different kinds of nuts or sunflower seeds and fresh or dried fruit on top of our salads, along with something crunchy--maybe cubes of left-over garlic bread or sesame sticks. My favorite salad "crouton" is actually a handful of Crunchy Flaming Hot Cheetos from the dollar store. Oh, my, I almost forgot the sprouts! A handful of whatever sprouts happen to be growing in the kitchen go in our salad, too.
@laurika (4537)
I have never really things abou put some nuts or sunflowers seeds in my salat, but that sounds delicious.I find one salat with tangeerins and never knew fruit and vegetable go so nice together.Thank you for great idea, how to make salat other ways.
@ssh123 (31104)
Yes, this is one of our family's favourite snack usually taken at tea time, and not taken as breakfast, because we have varieties of food preparation for breakfast. We arevegetarians and hence we have limited items in salad preparation. We do several types of vegetables sandwiches: 1. Cut the vegetables like cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce leaves, butter on bread and cover it with another slice. A special sandwich bread is better rather than sweet bread or salted ones. Another type of salad is prepare a vegetable curry separately and sandwich them inbetween slices, use mayonesse sauce or tomato sauce. Third type we prepare is half-bake the slices of vegetables like cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, capsicum and other agreeable vegetables, put them between the slices of bread, apply butter on the bread and put it is sandwich grill to make a toast. There are so many permutations and combinations in making salads and most of it are mouthwatering particularly when one is hungry.
@laurika (4537)
That sounds really good.I never hear about something like that.I am goona try.Thank for respond and for nice tips.