Wearing Everything Out

@Rozie37 (15503)
Turkmenistan
Okay, I will admit that I have a serious problem. This is my first time admitting this to anyone. I am an internet addict and it is wearing me down. Not only am I addicted to Mylot, but I am also addicted to information. I am also just learning to type. It is a dream come true for me. But I am tearing up my keyboard as my thumb is a little heavy on the spacebar. I will admit that it has last a long time. I got it in July of 2002, but now that I am on Mylot, I type more than ever. It gives me good practice, but my spacebar is rattling and complaining. I am also having health problems from sitting at my desk for too long. So now, I fear that I will have to put myself on a schedule and fight the withdrawl bravely. Do you feel that you are also addict to the internet?
@Flight84 (3050)
I will be the first to admit that I am addicted to the internet. I feel lost if I'm not online at least one time a day. I'm like you, I am on MyLot constantly, but I also have a ton of other sites that I feel like I have to check out constantly. When we have internet problems, I'm freaking out because I get so bored and I never thoguht I would be like that. I'm online so long sometimes that my back and my shoulders ache. Ha ha. I'm only 23 so I don't think that's a very good sign. You need to make sure you take care of your health first so you can be around for us here at MyLot, Rozie. I always tell myself I need to moderate my time at night, but I always seem to lose track of time. They need to have a support group for internet junkies trying to break the habit, like AA meetings.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I honestly believe that they already do have a support group. I was thinking about it. But, then I thought, first I need to get a laptop to take with me. Just in case I get bored in a meeting, LOL.
@Flight84 (3050)
Ha ha. Yeah, you know....just in case...:P
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I know I am as soon as I wake up I usally go online to my computer. So I know I am addicited also.Unless I know I am schudled to go somewhere like today I had to go get a mri of my spine that my nerologist order which was really werid on a Sunday and I went out of town to Shands Jacksonville to have it done. I was glad to be back home to get online.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
It has been about nine years since I first logged on an internet and I thought surely by now, I would have tired of it. But, I seem to be getting worse with every passing year.
@Shaun72 (15968)
• Palatka, Florida
I think I am also. I started online well I was going to say 1999 but that is about 8 years ago.I seem to be getting worser every year myself.
@maddysmommy (16235)
I use to be - not as much anymore. I keep busy with exercising (walking and jogging) everyday, I do the household chores, I get out of the house a lot more now and I feel good about it too. As long as I try to keep up to date with my emails, with family and friends, and sorts, then i am happy with that. It's now starting to get a little cooler so you may find me online more in the next few months (unless there are movies on tv that i want to watch LOL) Hope you had a lovely weekend Rozie!
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
I do many other things too. But a lot of them, I rush to do, just so I can get back to the internet. I do not watch television. So unless I feel like listening to music or reading a book, the internet is my only entertainment. The only thing that I will gladly get off the interent for is family and friends. When they come by or call, I will turn off my monitor mid-sentence and give them my undivided attention. No computer should ever come before the ones we love.
I also addict to internet, especially for mylot. Last night I input at mylot until 11:30PM, and I am typing here at 5:30AM. It's a bad habit to do like this. I also want to stop this bad thing. But I didn't tear up the keyboard yet.
@Rozie37 (15503)
• Turkmenistan
Mylot is not really a bad thing, as long as you don't put off anything that is important to do it. I mean compared to the many other things that people do online, it is definitely up there with a good thing. But it can other cause of problem if we get too carried away.