Would you dress funny in order to earn CASH?

The Mask guy on the Dam in Amsterdam - bizzare personality playing the character of The Mask on the Dam in Amsterdam
Netherlands
While in Amsterdam last week, on the Dam there was a person dressed up as the movie character of The Mask, with Jim Carrey. I shot a few pictures of him, and people were giving him money in order to pose with him while others were taking pictures. It looks like he is making between 70 and 100 Euro a day, which at the present exchange rate is around $97 up to $138 a day. Would you do it if you were in need of cash, and without a job? Or would you be considering it as a way of a daily work for yourself? With this kind of income one could buy the exact clothes of some movie personality, and while posing on the central plaza of a big city I do see the possibility for it. The question is fo course who is willing to spend 8 to 10 hours daily with such clothes on, and posing and doing stupid moves so that people, (mostly tourists of course) are amused enough to be willing to have pictures taken, and pay you for it too? See the picture attached so you know exactly what I mean:)
@sephrenia (567)
If I was in need of cash then I would consider dressing up as something silly to make money. I love to make people smile so if I was told that, thats what i needed to do to make money then sure, I'd go right ahead and do it. I've dressed up before anyway to raise money for charity so it isnt really that big a deal although, my mum did think it was wierd having a gothic fairy (complete with new rock boots, wings and a tutu)tromping around her living room hehehehe
• Netherlands
Wow Sephrenia, thanks for contributing and being the first to answer in this discussion :) How nice that you've already done it, even if for charity ;) I would love to try out the outfit you had on - gothic is something I really like, do you have a photo made on this day? I'd really love to see it :) TheFortunes
I dont have the photos lol, they were taken by my company (who i did the dressing up with) and used for their company newsletter. The company was called nightspeed (it went bust a couple of years ago but maybe you can find something). I like doing things to help other people and that was one year i just let it all fly lol, I had a great laugh and a few people had their photos taken with me. It was well worth the giggles. Oh and we managed to raise £573.87 for Children in Need that year yay!
• Netherlands
Such a pity that you didnt get any of the photo's :) And I really like the fact that you help raising money for charities. I am giving ti many too, and also clothes and shoes and whatnot too TheFortunes
@jennybianca (12918)
I can't see myself dressing up as a character to have my photo taken with people. The earnings seem quite good though. I think I could dress up as a character for a childrens show, or presentation.
• Netherlands
Neither do I see myself Jenny, but at least you would do it for a children show or presentation, and who can blame you, you're a mum, so maybe you'll do it some day soon too ;) TheFortunes
@carolbee (16243)
Yes, I would for sure dress up and go out in public. The money would be an extra perk but I'd do it anyway just for grins. Especially if a friend dared me to rush right out there. I've been to Halloween parties in the past dressed like a dog and been on all 4's walking around. It was a major blast! Keep in mind that I am not a spring chicken either and it wasn't that many years ago I totally acted like a fool. Had the best time.
• Netherlands
Hi Carolbee, and that you enjoy doing it is always a PRE ;) At times we all need to loosen up a bit, and forget the daily stress, and it seems like you have found the way ;) TheFortunes
@claire03 (1444)
If i can entertain people and at the same time make money doing this part time, then why not? i don't see any harm doing it. i think it's kinda fun! :)
• Netherlands
Hi claire03 and nice to see you in a discussion of mine ;) I don't see anything wrong with it too, especially if you love doing it, than it might be a blessing in disguize to ;) TheFortunes
Hi there buddy, what's up? Well, the picture is Cute! lol For me, i will just do that kind of things depending on the situation actually. Maybe, if the price is right, then why not? Sure! And one more thing, if the place that ill show myself with a funny dress will going to be at the place which is far from my place then SURE! lol Have a nice day ahead, happy posting and earning here in Mylot. Godspeed, Kiko
• Netherlands
Hi Vashstampede992000 and thanks for liking the photo ;) Regarding the place to do it, would it matter if it is in your own town since people cannot recognize your face? As there is no way you can make out whois under The Mask guy's clothes on the photo of mine ;) Spiderman wouldn't be easy to recognize either, and there are so many of these movie characters around ;) TheFortunes
@twallace (2675)
If I lived in Amsterdam yes i would dress up as a star. I think it would be fun to do and a nice way to earn a little change. I have never been to Amsterdam but i heard stories about the place sounds nice and i think i would like i if i was there.
• Netherlands
Hi Twallace, and thank you for your contribution in this discussion :) yes, Amsterdam is a very nice city, although I cannot say the same for the climate in The Netherlands in general. The weather starting atthe end of this month will not be nice again until April more or less, and there will be lots of rain and it will be windy also. if you plan to visit I'll try end may until September :) TheFortunes
@cutepenguin (6458)
I would do it, I would think it would be a fun thing to do. I'd be sure to dress up in something recognizable from a movie, and maybe have a prop or two. The only difficulty is that around here, you need a busking permit if you are going to be a street performer.
• Netherlands
Hi Cutepenguin, and thank you for contributing in this discussion :) To tell you the truth I know nothing about permits needed in order to be a street performer in The netherlands, and have no idea if you need one here, but this is a very valid point and thank you for mentioning it ;) TheFortunes
@jcyap888 (721)
yes i would do so to earn money, either one i can do anything just to earn money.
• Netherlands
Hi jcyap888 and thank you for your responce in here :) It's good you are open to do any good and fun job in order to earn some cash TheFortunes
I got what you mean after seeing that photo. If for that type of dressing, I could say yes because no people will recognize me. So I could say AGREE. No reason for not. No job!!!!!what else, at least for foods and beverages. It is fine, fair and square. :::michael:::
• Netherlands
Thanks for your contribution Michael, and yes, nothing wrong with this type of work for me too :) And thanks for commenting and rating the photo too ;) TheFortunes
@pillusch (1149)
• Mexico
Tell me where to go and how to dress, and heck, I'll do it. That's a lot of money, and what he was doing is giving people a good time. What a nice job! I was so hard up at one time that I considered singing songs in the Mexico-City subway. But they would have arrested me, I guess. Seriously now, even being a clown is a honorable job.
• Netherlands
Hi Pilush and thank you for your contribution :) LOL, check which moovies are most popular, I guess Pirates of The Caribbean, and dressed as the character of Johnny Depp will do more than fine :) The clothes could be not so cheap however :) For me personally it wouldn't do as a job, but if one likes it it could be a good solution, I agree :) TheFortunes
@raijin (10380)
I think he's used to it, since it's been a part of his life eversince. But for me, I think these depends -if the price is right!LoL If I'm earning good money, then I guess I won't do that. But if I'm too desperate and in dire need of cash, I won't thik twice to pose and take pictures with others!;)
• Netherlands
Hi Raijin, and thank you for your responce in this discussion too :) I am not sure for how long this guy has been doing it, but the people who ae doing it change clothes most of the time, and change places with other such characters too, so one can never know who is who, and for how long they have been doing it really. I think they earn some more than the people in the offices,but besides for it getting tiring, the weather here is not going to be nice and sunny, so this is a major hurdle that will stop me from doing it really. Who knows if in a desperate situation :) TheFortunes