Going across Canada

@suspenseful (40316)
Hi you-all. We're here in Prince Edward Island after leaving Manitoba. It is sure different here. When we left, we thought we were going to have an Early Winter, but as soon as we got to Ontario, it became warmer, especially in Ottawa. Our goal was to go to all the Tim Horton's in Canada. Didn't make it, but we're trying. The thing I noticed was that in the East here, deciduous trees are in the majority. So has anyone here gone all the way across Canada or almost all the way?
@ssh123 (31103)
No. I am a citizen of India and as a tourist I had been to States and from there I obtained visa to visit Canada, particularly I wanted to see the Niagara from Canadian side and visit my friend at Ontario. Unfortunately, people told me that the season is not good and there are chances of snow. In India we are not exposed to snow etc. and hence I dropped the idea of visiting Canada. From your discussion points, Ihave gathered a few points about different parts of Canada.
@suspenseful (40316)
You are okay as long as you go in the months of June, July, and August. In the Prairies, that is Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, we can have snow from October to April, although most of it is concentrated from November to March, with January being the coldest month.
@ssh123 (31103)
YOu are right. i also had some information about weather from my nephew who is studying in Michigan university. Thanks for information and have a nice time.
@PunkyMcPunk (1477)
I am proud to say I have been MOST of the way across Canada. I live in Ontario and have lived in Quebec and Nova Scotia (miss NS badly), loved Newfieland and the people, god I miss those kind souled smiling folks. Been to Brunswick, through manitoba, Alberta, Sask. out to BC to Whistler to snowboard. Love those road trips with my friends in a rented compact car, all crammed in there going down these crazy roads getting lost and meeting people and seeing things we'll never be able to find again (as we were lost when we found them) lololololololol. Have yet to make it to Nunvut the NWTerritory or Yukon although I have a friend that is in desperate need of friends. he's in the middle of the wilderness in Yukon as a govt bush pilot and his last phone call scared me. He thinks he's getting cabin fever. I just think he's going crazy.-thinks there are things out in the dark that want to kill him and such. Whatever, but I have seen most of canada and I don't think I will ever stop loving or discovering this beautiful wonderful magical place we live in.
@suspenseful (40316)
I loved seeing all the decidious trees. I lived mainly in B.C. and then the prairies, but I found that as soon as we left, the weather became warmer. So next trip, I am packing both fall and summer clothes to make sure.
@3lilangels (4639)
no i have never tried that yet but your doing a great job trying.thats all that matter and counts that you are trying and hopefully having a good time.have a safe time.
@suspenseful (40316)
My husband took early retirement, and this the first time we have been able to get away from home for more than a couple of weeks. He was quite good at investing, so that is why we can do this.
@Pose123 (21667)
Hi suspenseful, I haven't been to B.C. or P.E.I., you're doing well. Blessings.
@suspenseful (40316)
I sure am, but it was cool when we left, so now I have to buy a summer skirt, since all I had to wear was my fall slacks and a couple of dark colored t-shirts. I left all my summer clothes at home. So I guess the next time, we go on a long trip, we have to bring a change of clothes for all the seasons.
@maximax8 (28490)
That sounds like a lovely trip. My brother in law comes from Canada. I would really like to go there one day. I read the Anne of Green Gables books about a girl that lived on Prince Edward Island. Then I saw the film and the scenery there looked so beautiful. I would really like to explore the island seeing where the author wrote the Anne stories. I think it would be lovely to see the landscape of gorgeous countryside and wild looking beaches. Another thing I would like to do in fly to Halifax and then travel across Canada by train all the way to Vancouver.