UPDATE : Dad's out of ICU

@webeishere (36377)
First off let me offer my deepest thanks for all the support and love etc shown by my friends and other members here. It has actually helped me mentally to see all this support etc. Now I spent most the day with dad and or Drs today. He has oimproved enough that they have moved him to a regular room now and out of ICU. His liver & kidney functions are better. All the bl0od tests he has been through lately show a big improvement. He is now scheduled for Surgery on Thursday. It will be a gall bladder removal. They did the MRCP I think it's called and found no stones in his bile duct so that's a real good sign. He is still bumming out that he can't eat nor drink anything. he gets a sip of water to take his meds is all. He has what I call green popsicles. They are green sponges dipped into ice water to wet his lips and mouth. Also a mint flavored gel to use alike Chapstick. His spirits are down mostly due to the hunger pangs and thirsty but he will be okay with that. All he has done basically is slept all day and night as well. But things are looking up and the surgery is a go as long as nothing occurs before then. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@CatsandDogs (13964)
That really terrific! Thanks Grandpa Bob for letting us know! Prayers do work for us believers! I just pray he keeps on the right track and keeps on getting better and better. Blessings to you and your dad.
@webeishere (36377)
Oh prayers do work. I am a recovering Catholic. HAHAHAHA! Long story but maybe some day I'll start a discussion about that and why etc etc. Hee hee hee!! Thanks again. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@CatsandDogs (13964)
LOL I was raised Catholic but I don't practice it. I'm not against it but don't like the starchiness of the religion. I feel it should be comfortable not starchy. I like Baptist for it's easy going and the way they teach I find it interesting what ever the subject may be. I'm interested in why you're a recovering Catholic... it has to be interesting. Do tell!
@gabs8513 (48803)
Grandpa Bob this is great News I was about to go to bed and saw you started one so checked as I thought it would be an update I am glad I did now my thoughts are still with you all specially your Dad Big Hugs
@webeishere (36377)
Thanks for staying up a few more minutes for me. I feel special now. Not that kind of special. HAHAHAHA!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@gabs8513 (48803)
You are Special Grandpa Bob a special Friend
@webeishere (36377)
And the feeling is mutual. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
• Marion, Kansas
Yes, the surgery will go better if he heals a little by staying empty. What a bummer. Promise him a wonderful, healthy meal when he is back home. Check for dietary guidelines. I could make suggestions as to what might be a problem, but it seems different for each person. The doctors will be a big help there. I am glad that we have helped you not to feel alone in all of this. Do you have any church affiliation? Do you or your dad want any clergy visiting you?
@webeishere (36377)
There isn't a special diet after gallbladder removal. Soft foods for a couple days is all the surgeon said. I won't be taking care of him for a week or two after his surgery as he is going to a nursing home for rehab first. So I'll have it made as far as tending to him aftercare wise. What a relief there actually. That's one big chunk off my shoulders at least. And I truely appreciate the fact I don't feel alone with all the support etc I've recieved her so far. It's amazing. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
I am happy he is doing better. We will continue to pray for him. Take care !!
@webeishere (36377)
And thank you very much also. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Excellent news Grandpa and thank you for the update! :) I shall pray for your Dad for Thursday that the surgery goes well.
@webeishere (36377)
And thank you so very much. I will have an update when there are any changes and also after his surgery. Oh and he says hi to "whoever the hell those people are on your computer thing". Yes those were his exact words. HAHAHAHA!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@mrsbrian (1951)
grandpa Bob I would love an addy so we could send your dad e cards or just words of good cheer, you could maby print them out for him than he may not think your so whacko talking to people in that box lol huggies and prayers are working as planed.
@usmcsgtwife (4999)
what great news so far, continued thoughts and prayers are being sent your way..
@webeishere (36377)
And continued thanks to you and all others here. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Grandpa Bob, That is great news! I am so happy to hear that things are going well and they will be able to do surgery on your dad. I am sure he is grumpy if he isn't able to eat, I would be a bear, too! I hope that surgery goes well on Thursday, I will still keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!
@webeishere (36377)
Thank you very much. I only eat one meal a day so if I don't eat for the day I am fine actually. Dad has his set schedule that he has lived by since moving in with me. Meals everyday at about the same times etc. So this is killing him actually. Soon enough he will be back to that dull boring time table life style. HAHAHA! Me too I reckon. HAHA!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@anniepa (26276)
That's great news, Grandpa Bob! I'll keep the prayers and positive thoughts flowing your way. I'm sure he is bumming out that he can't eat or drink anything but tell him to hang in there and he'll be able to have a feast one of these days. I've heard that gall bladder surgery isn't a hard as it once was so hopefully he'll have a very speedy recovery. Don't you forget to take care of YOU too! Annie
@webeishere (36377)
The odd thing is about him right now is his spirits are going down lately. But only as far as his activeness that is. He doesn't read the paper like he did every day before this. he isn't doing his puzzles as he usually does. All he does is lay there. I can't see how one can do that all day long. But otherwise he is doing good. They are doing the tiny little cut surgery first. But his surgeon said there's also a 90 percent chance that he will also end up making the large incision for the removal mostly due to the bile duct. So thats a bummer in a sense. But I am hoping and praying for that 10 percent chance they won't have to cut the bigger gash for removal. Okay I am done babbling here as well. HAHAHAHA!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@kareng (7986)
That is wonderful news! I'm so glad he is doing better! I know it takes a lot off your mind. Hope he continues to recover well.
@webeishere (36377)
Actually it didn't take a lot off my mind. Just made me think even more in a sense. Long story but I am doing great as far as the stress level goes.
@thefortunes (2368)
• Netherlands
Good news and glad to hear it that your dad is doing better GP Bob, and I'll keep praying for you all. take care and some rest yourself too :) and that the surgery might go the best way possible :) TheFortunes
@webeishere (36377)
Yes this was good to hear from the Drs and nurses. And I am doing a bit better after a couple good crys today. Thanks again. HAPPY POSTINBGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@saunty (604)
I am so happy to know this that your DAD is now away from ICU, i can understand the pain u go through when incident as such happens to someone...really unbearrable , even my eyes sometimes gets wet, when i think about any such incident...
@webeishere (36377)
Yes it is stressful. I've shed my share of tears since Sunday night. Thanks a lot also. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@fab315 (1244)
Hello! That is so nice to hear granda bob, that your dad is out of ICU and that his liver and kidneys are functioning better now. It's such a relief for the whole family. Prayers for his successful surgery. Send my hugs and kisses to your dad....mwahugs! do take care grandpa bob.. *smile* ciao! c",)
@webeishere (36377)
Thanks a bunch. The hugs are welcomed totally. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@3lilangels (4639)
wow thats great news,my prayers will still be with you and your family,and hope the surgery goes well.take care of yourself.i'm so glad he is out of ICU,keep the spirits up hon.pattie
@webeishere (36377)
My spirits are up today after seeing him a few minutes ago. He looks a little better but still hungry as hell. HAHAHA!! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@aidonia (4210)
• Greece
I know that more people don't like hear *I told you so*but I'm sure you'll not have any problem to read it from me.I was sure that things will get better and also I'm sure with your family and our prays soon your father will be back at home again.
@webeishere (36377)
hahahaha! nOW DON'T SAY THAT AGAIN. happy postings from grandpa bob !!~
@mizrae (587)
So glad to hear your good news, stay positive grandpa Bob, we are saying prayers that your dad will come through his surgery with flying colors.
@webeishere (36377)
I've no problem staying positive atr all in my life since sobering up. Thanks also with the prayers. They sure do help. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@maia0129 (91)
Though I am too late for this news grandpa bob but I want you to know that I am glad your father is now out of the ICU and that there are no stones in his bile. I hope he will be well soon. Thanks for the update anyway and I hope you will continue to post updates about him because I would love to know his improvements.
@webeishere (36377)
No problem at all. Just the response is support for me. Thanks. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@jennybianca (12918)
I am so pleased to hear this. If his liver & kidneys are improving to the extent that he can have the operation, then you know things are going okay. Doctors would not take the risk to operate otherwise. I hate the business of not being allowed to eat or drink prior to an operation. For me, it was only from midnight before the day of my op. Good Luck for Thursday.
@webeishere (36377)
Yeah I hate the fasting as well. Thanks also.
@brendalee (6086)
I am sorry to hear about all this Grandpa Bob. I hope your dad continues to get better and comes home soon.
@webeishere (36377)
He is doing really good today. But he won't be coming home for awhile though. Rehab for at least a week after recovery from surgery. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
Thanks Gosh for the help!!!...and thanks Grandpa Bob for updating the latest news. What a miracle. Grandpa Bob!!! because you said the doctor found no stones in his bile duct?....aaahhhh...make me feeling better!!!!! :::michael:::
@webeishere (36377)
iT'S ALL THE PRYERS DUDE. aND THE SUPPORT FOR ME HAS BEEN OVERWHELMING. tHANKS MY FIEND. \happy postings from grandpa bob !!~
@misheleen73 (6037)
I am glad to hear he is doing better Grandpa.. as for the hunger/thirst, I have good news. After my operation they FILLED me up with all the soda I could drink. Something about getting gas (burping, etc) to get all the air out. I dunno exactly why, but it was awesome...lol. Again my thoughts and prayers are with you until all is said and done.